Virtual Events and Legal Proceedings Services Specialist
The phrase “Lights. Camera. Action!” takes on a whole different meaning for the Virtual Events and Legal Proceedings Specialist role at King & Spalding.
It means coordinating and directing complex events with broad audiences, across multiple offices or time zones. Events that may be for entire practice groups internally, or industry-focused panels with external speakers and attendees, joining remotely. It means enabling virtual legal proceedings, whether trials, arbitrations, or others, that span across multiple continents. It means ensuring all the different technologies used in these events come together cohesively to deliver a flawless live experience.
King & Spalding is a top-tier international law firm which views technology as a strategic enabler for the delivery of legal services and is on the cutting edge of embracing legal technology by making significant investments in cloud, collaboration, security, analytics, and automation.
King & Spalding’s strong history as a leading Trial & dispute resolution practice combined with the emergence and adoption of virtual meeting technology creates an opportunity for a leader with a both strong understanding of how these technologies can support events, trials, arbitrations and other virtual proceedings, and a desire to contribute to the firm’s leading position in this unique service capability
This position will contribute to the firm’s virtual proceeding, complex virtual events and virtual meeting services, including developing and growing an existing team with specialties in AV services and meeting technology support.
Candidates will have the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and execution of assigned virtual events.
- Contributes to a team of virtual event specialists (including from an audiovisual background) to design and support global virtual event services at all K&S offices.
- Maintains an understanding and interest in current and emerging audiovisual technologies, and is continually evaluating new releases and capabilities to the overall strategic roadmap.
- Identifies and addresses AV technology needs for virtual and hybrid events. This can include but is not limited to providing technical production/coordination support for live events conducted at K&S offices or virtual/hybrid events taking place on firm supported video conference platforms.
- Establishes and proposes a strategy and the technology required for how a law firm will engage in remote proceedings such as hearings and trials via Microsoft Teams, Webex and Zoom.
- Provides AV technical recommendations and solutions on how best to use the event spaces, technical equipment and virtual platform technologies for the desired outcome for client experience.
- Manages the AV technical aspects of the event which can include liaising with other internal departments, live event crew resource allocation, monitoring performance and progress and provides necessary reports for Events.
- Works hand-in-hand with premier trial teams to ensure all requests are met or managed appropriately and quickly.
- Evaluates and analyzes vendors and new product service providers. Work with vendors and manufacturers to design systems and develop testing procedures.
- Monitors and facilitates quick resolution of complex problem tickets escalated from the Service Desk.
- Deep experience with the entire range of virtual events – basic video conferences, complex and large-scale events, and virtual legal proceedings, along with general process and understanding of how trial teams operate.
- Outstanding customer service orientation including professional presence and superior end user/lawyer relationship skills.
- Must have knowledge of cameras, audio devices, and production equipment operation, production techniques, engineering requirements or integrations relating to K&S office equipment for events and virtual webinars.
- Proficient in delivering high-performance, professional quality virtual conferences, events and legal proceedings while working with clients, senior Partners and other leaders across the firm.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. The candidate must have the personal presence and an open and direct style to establish quick and effective credibility and trust among the members of the user community.
- An undergraduate or graduate degree is preferred. Equivalent work experience in a related technical field will be considered.
- Experience in a law firm or legal services provider is required.
- Courtroom (in person or virtual) experience is strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of experience providing technology and litigation support services.
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law.