King & Spalding, a leading global law firm, is currently seeking a Payroll Specialist to join our team in Atlanta. The candidate will be responsible for the time and attendance “T & A” system including maintenance and monitoring/reviewing the time and attendance records of all non-exempt staff, responsible for the U.S. exempt and non-exempt payroll processing and tax filings, and will assist HR and Payroll as needed.
The firm offers a generous total compensation package with bonuses and raises awarded in recognition of individual merit-based performance. Eligible employees may participate in King & Spalding’s comprehensive benefit program including health and wellness plans, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, a profit-sharing plan, on-site gym access, discount programs, an onsite childcare center and a substantial Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Review timecards and PTO transactions for accuracy and proper approvals
- Prepare audit reports to verify total hours and classification of certain earnings codes
- Verify that holiday pay rules have been enforced
- Prepare payroll summary reports for each weekly pay period
- Respond to T & A questions from managers and employees
- Process PTO payouts
- Process garnishment payment requests
- Complete employment verification forms
- Maintain current documentation for the T & A system (procedures)
- Respond to unemployment compensation claims
- Upload and review one-time payments such as bonuses in Workday.
- Review New Hire and Termination Entries in Workday and ensure that they are processed in the Semi-Monthly payroll
- Review and share payroll registers with payroll Management for Review and Settlement
- Prepare Payroll Funding (this includes sending check files to Ceridian and preparing manual Wires and ACH payments)
- Transmit periodic & quarterly Tax files to Ceridian.
- Review Quarterly Tax file from Ceridian and clear all variances
- Other responsibilities as determined by the Payroll Manager or Director of HR Operations
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Back-up coverage for International Payroll Coordinator
- Prepare records for transfer to storage
- Assist with HR/Payroll projects as needed
SPECIFIC SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Proficiency with computer-based software including MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Proficiency with desktop calculator
- Detail oriented with ability to apply procedures and policies to various situations
- Demonstrated customer service skills, ability to relate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with frequent interruption.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written communications
- Ability to work individually and as a team member
- Ability to keep confidential sensitive information
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma required
- Experience with Workday time and attendance & Workday payroll systems preferred
- 3 to 5 years payroll experience preferred
- Work experience in a legal environment preferred
We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which now encompasses more than 2000 lawyers and business professionals in 23 offices worldwide. We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us.
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law