Leave of Absence Coordinator
King & Spalding, a leading global law firm, is currently seeking a Leave of Absence Coordinator to join our Human Resources “HR” Department in Atlanta. The Leave of Absence Coordinator will report to the Life, Disability and LOA Manager and will be responsible for managing and processing the lifecycle of an LOA as well as assisting the Benefits Team with general benefits administration. This position is an integral part of the Leave of Absence/Benefits function and is responsible for creating a positive employee experience and seamless Leave of Absence administration. We are seeking a proactive and detail-oriented candidate who is capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
The firm offers a generous total compensation package with bonuses and raises awarded in recognition of individual merit-based performance. Eligible employees may participate in King & Spalding’s comprehensive benefit program including health and wellness plans, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, a profit-sharing plan, on-site gym access, discount programs, an onsite childcare center and a substantial Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
Candidates will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage all aspect of the Leave of Absence cycle.
- Schedule calls and meetings with employees and HR Business Partners to ensure a positive and informed experience.
- Communicate decisions and on-going expectations with claimants.
- Respond to leave of absence inquiries by email or phone to ensure employees are aware of their responsibilities and that all relevant paperwork is submitted in a timely manner.
- Create and maintain leave of absence files for personnel on leave of absence
- Accurately process leave actions in payroll, timekeeping and HR systems to ensure employees are paid accurately and correctly.
- Partner closely with third party administrator to track approvals and resolve discrepancies.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of federal and state leave laws and ADA regulations.
- Attend online meetings and/or onsite meetings.
- Collaborate with Workers’ Compensation vendor on member claims.
- Partner closely with Benefit team and Payroll Team.
- Collaborate with the HRIS team to ensure successful vendor interfaces are in place
- Process state disability claims and Paid Family Leave as necessary.
- Assist with Disability and Life Insurance vendor monthly billing.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of administrative/HR general experience. Disability management and/or FMLA administration experience preferred.
- Understanding and application of federal and state disability and paid family leave laws (i.e., ADA, FMLA, PDL, etc.) and policies a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Able to effectively communicate with employees at all levels from senior management to business services employees.
- Strong Word and Excel skills, Workday experience a plus.
- Organized, detail oriented and able to manage multiple priorities in a fast pace environment
- Ability to work independently, think analytically and creatively.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of protected and sensitive data and ensure compliance with HIPAA
We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which now encompasses more than 2000 lawyers and business professionals in 23 offices worldwide. We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us.
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law