Digital Content Specialist
King & Spalding, a leading global law firm, seeks a Digital Content Specialist to support its digital content strategies and channels, working closely with lawyers, firm leaders and colleagues in the Marketing & Business Development and Information Technology departments to coordinate, distribute and manage content for the firm’s public website and related digital marketing collateral showcasing King & Spalding and promoting lawyers’ experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage and update lawyer biographies, features, thought leadership, events-related content and other firm information across the public website, business listings and internal and external digital platforms
- Quickly develop a deep understanding of the website’s content management system (CMS) and related configuration, features, functionality, data sources and integrated applications to facilitate recommendation and deployment of appropriate content marketing solutions
- Execute client alert, thought leadership and similar e-marketing campaigns, from intake to content formatting and dissemination
- Organize, upload, proofread and manipulate (including minimal editing) copy and graphics
- Incorporate SEO keyword and tag research into an evolved website content hierarchy to increase traffic and facilitate targeted campaigns
- Deploy HTML code to publish and maintain more complex web pages
- Aggregate web and digital marketing analytics, including periodic and ad hoc reporting, coordinating with colleagues to create engaging copy for key audiences, and set and assess performance against goals
- Maintain continuity of firm’s digital presence, ensuring content adheres to style guides and visual design standards, and platforms are brand compliant, functional, and current
- Monitor and communicate best practices and developments in digital content management and SEO within the legal sector and beyond
- Provide CMS end-user support and training, as needed
- Exceptional project management skills and ability to sustain a sense of urgency and multitask to meet deadlines and address changing priorities, often in collaboration with colleagues
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) to interact credibly and diplomatically with project stakeholders and colleagues at all levels
- Ability to proofread content for errors and adherence to stylistic conventions with critical attention to detail
- Working knowledge of SEO and basic understanding of user experience (UX) best practices
- Experience using a website CMS or other web content creation and editing tools
- Aptitude and willingness to adopt and learn new technologies
- Ability to prioritize and manage stakeholder expectations across various time zones
- Good command of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Outstanding problem-solving, analytical, and research skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other productivity applications
- Working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop or similar image editing application
- Experience with Google Analytics or similar analytics tools
- Prior experience manipulating HTML is a plus
- Prior experience using marketing automation and/or CRM applications is a plus
- Experience with Power BI or a similar dashboarding tool is a plus
Education and Qualities:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications or similar
- At least 3-5 years digital marketing or professional work experience, with prior law firm or other professional or financial services experience being a plus
Successful candidates are detail oriented, forward thinking, proactive and organized. Candidates must be able to thrive in a global, cross-functional team environment, as well as take initiative, be resourceful and exercise great judgment and tact in executing concurrent, time-sensitive projects independently and collaboratively.
We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which now encompasses more than 1,300 lawyers and business professionals in 23 offices worldwide. We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us.
Hours and Location
- 9:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Off-hours monitoring of communications via firm-issued mobile technologies, with occasional overtime or weekend work.
- Atlanta, GA, preferably, or New York, NY
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law.