Paralegal - Litigation
King & Spalding, a leading global law firm, is currently seeking a Paralegal to join our Trials and Global Disputes team in Austin. This position provides paralegal support to attorneys on our toxic torts and environmental litigation team and will report directly to the Paralegal and Legal Support Services Manager.
The firm offers a generous total compensation package with bonuses and raises awarded in recognition of individual merit-based performance. Eligible employees may participate in King & Spalding’s comprehensive benefit program including health and wellness plan, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, profit sharing plan, on-site gym access, discount programs, an onsite childcare center and a substantial Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
Candidates will have the following qualifications/responsibilities:
- In-courtroom trial experience (preferred)
- Complete understanding of the litigation process, especially large case management; manage all facets of case from discovery through trial
- Coordinates with clients and co-counsel during all phases of discovery
- Organize and maintain case files and coordinates with Legal Practice Assistants and other staff
- Prepare and maintain issue, subject-matter, witness and deposition files
- Review and analyze discovery requests and assist lawyers with discovery responses
- Coordinate document reviews with legal team, clients, and vendors
- Assist with document reviews for responsiveness, case issues, and privilege responses to discovery requests and to identify privileged documents, documents for redaction, case issues in context
- Prepare and maintain document and transcript databases in various formats
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat
- Proficient in litigation applications / databases such as Relativity and IPRO
- Prepare witness files and deposition preparation files
- Prepare court filings and service to counsel; experience with e-filing
- Proficient in cite checking, Shepardizing, and Bluebooking
- Keep accurate time records
Successful candidates are highly organized, detail-oriented, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Candidates must have substantive familiarity with the litigation process (i.e. case management, discovery, databases, privilege logs, court filings, e-filing, cite checking, Shepardizing, and Bluebooking) and have the capacity to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, high-volume environment. Candidates should have well-developed Microsoft Office skills, demonstrate the ability to solve problems, and communicate well with all levels of personnel. Candidates are required to have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant litigation experience in a mid-to-large size law firm. Candidates should have in-courtroom trial experience and must have the ability to work overtime—including weekends. Must have the ability to travel when needed.
We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which now encompasses more than 2000 lawyers and business professionals in 22 offices worldwide. We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us.
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law.