King & Spalding, a leading global law firm, is currently seeking an Office Coordinator to join our Denver location. This position joins an innovative and collaborative team focused on providing the highest quality of support to the firm's attorneys.
The firm offers a competitive compensation package. The annualized salary range for this position is $45,000 to $55,000. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. Eligible employees may participate in King & Spalding’s comprehensive benefit program including health and wellness plan, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, profit sharing plan, discount programs, and a Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
Candidates will have the following responsibilities:
- Answer all incoming and internal calls. Greet, receive, and register clients and visitors.
- Schedule conference rooms on electronic calendar; coordinate videoconferences. Place orders for refreshments. Ensure orderly condition of conference rooms and reception area.
- Assign offices to visiting K&S personnel and coordinate related facilities and technical requirements.
- Maintain parking validation account and validate client parking when needed.
- Maintain a constant awareness of activities and follow office security and emergency procedures as needed.
- Reconciles office credit card receipts and invoices.
- Work directly with Property Management office, building engineers, and outside vendors to coordinate deliveries, services, and billing needs.
- Update and maintain database for coordination of access cards. Obtain new cards and cancels existing cards when necessary.
- Maintain inventory of supplies for printers, mail, and copy room.
- Maintain inventory and stocks supplies in kitchen, conference rooms and kitchen.
- Sort and delivers incoming mail within established time frames. Pick up and prepare outgoing mail and overnight items to meet attorney and vendor deadlines.
- Assist in any office moves and maintenance requests as necessary.
- Work with IT department to assist with troubleshooting issues.
- Manage departure process including collecting office keys, IT equipment, removing nameplate, cleaning and resetting office.
- Complete daily walk-through, identifying maintenance requiring outside services; place service call to appropriate vendor; direct the activities of the vendor onsite; follow up to ensure that service was completed satisfactorily.
- Maintain overall ordered appearance of the corridors, reception, and elevator lobby, ensuring glass doors and partitions are clean and free of fingerprints throughout the day.
- Ensure timely setup of new hire offices, including checking office furniture, carpet cleaning, furniture repair, office paint, nameplate, office door/furniture keys and stationery are complete in each office.
- Review and process vendor invoices for payment in a timely manner and research appropriate client/matter or general ledger numbers when needed.
- Answer inquiries from vendors regarding payment status of invoices and research outstanding accounts payable issues, resolving any payment discrepancies.
- Marketing/Practice Development
- Coordinate photo session for attorney new hires to obtain professional photograph for marketing purposes.
- Assist with local client events, including set up/break down of conference rooms, act as point of contact with catering staff, and print and distribute name tags to guests.
- Assist on a special projects-basis with processing of incoming/outgoing client files.
- Secretarial Coverage
- Assist with creating binders
- Provide copying and scanning support
- Handle special rush jobs in a timely and efficient manner
- Emergency Preparedness
- Member of Crisis Management Team; responsible for maintaining Business Continuity Plan and distributing updated information. Designated scribe for all disaster recovery practices and actual events.
- Serve as liaison with property management regarding emergency evacuation procedures.
- Secondary duties and responsibilities
- Compose and type correspondence, memoranda, reports and other documents as needed.
- Assist with other duties and special projects as needed and assigned by the Director of Administration.
Candidates must have strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with internal personnel and external clients and vendors. Successful candidates will be highly organized, proactive, and take a professional approach to all responsibilities and initiatives.
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications:
- A minimum of three years administrative and/or secretarial experience preferably in a law firm or professional services organization.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook. Experience with Aderant software preferred.
- Knowledge of basic office procedures.
- A pleasant and professional attitude coupled with excellent client service skills and a strong work ethic.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently with little supervision. Must be comfortable with making decisions as needed.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidential information at all times.
- Must be able to adapt to what is needed at any given time with a positive and cooperative spirit.
- Flexible to work overtime or to accommodate daily schedule changes and the ability to assume additional responsibilities as they arise.
A high school diploma is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
The annualized salary range for this position is $45,000 to $55,000. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law.
We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which now encompasses more than 2,000 lawyers and business professionals in 22 offices worldwide. We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us.
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law.