Resource Center Specialist – Evening Shift
King & Spalding, a leading global law firm, seeks a Resource Center Specialist. The core schedule is Sunday through Thursday with availability to work flexible hours with some overtime required.
The firm offers a generous total compensation package with bonuses and raises awarded in recognition of individual merit-based performance. Eligible employees may participate in King & Spalding’s comprehensive benefit program including health and wellness plan, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, profit sharing plan, discount programs, and a substantial Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
Candidates must be able to work the following schedule:
Sunday: 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Monday: 2:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 2:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 2:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Thursday: 2:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Candidates will have the following responsibilities:
- Maintain a secure working environment with minimal distractions and interruptions.
- Handle all firm content with extreme discretion and privacy.
- Exercise robust efforts to remain accessible and engaging to all levels of personnel.
- Convert Adobe PDFs to MS Word documents (and vice versa), using firm-issued conversion software.
- Clean and format converted MS Word documents, applying styles, cross-referencing and generating tables of contents and authorities.
- Revise MS Word documents from handwritten copies or via track changes.
- Create labels and letters, using MS Word’s mail-merge feature.
- Select appropriate state pleading templates for discovery responses.
- Create and format PowerPoint presentations using specific design templates and layouts consistent with firm branding.
- Create and revise diagrams, tables and organizational charts.
- Create and revise Excel spreadsheets, using filters and basic formulae.
- Format Excel spreadsheets for printing and converting to Adobe PDFs.
- Compile, edit and create Adobe PDFs with internal/external hyperlinking.
- Create bookmarked e-binders.
- Prepare Adobe forms, organizing pages, redacting and applying specific headers and footers.
- Utilize Olympus software for transcribing audio files.
- Generate comparisons via Workshare, Literia or MS Word Compare.
- Burn files to CDs/DVDs using Rimage Quick Disk software.
- Process DocuSign packets.
- Assist with creating marketing materials, including Pitch proposals, Practice at a Glance, Face Sheets and Placemats.
- Stay abreast of technology and software changes within the firm to be an “expert” in document preparation.
- Attend all mandatory training classes.
- Ensure all work requests are recorded in Cherwell Management application.
- Responsible for complete accuracy of work product.
- Assist administrative and legal staff across the firm as needed.
Specific skills required:
Candidates should have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Additionally, candidates must be proficient in iManage Work or have familiarity with document management systems. Experience or knowledge of graphics programs such as Adobe Photoshop and Visio is a plus. Experience or knowledge of DocXtools, Workday and DocuSign is also a plus, but not required.
Successful candidates are experienced balancing multiple projects and deadlines, organized, detail oriented, efficient and have the capacity to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
Education and experience required:
Candidates are required to have the equivalency of a high school diploma. Must have at least five years’ comparable experience in a legal Word Processing Center environment.
Colorado, New York, California applicants: Full-time annualized salary range $70,000- $106,500.
*The salary offer will be contingent upon various factors, including but not limited to, relevant experience, internal equity, market data, job location, and other job-related factors permitted by law. Eligible employees may participate in King & Spalding’s comprehensive benefit program including health and wellness plan, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, discount programs, sick leave, vacation and parental leave.
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law.