Legal Practice Assistant
King & Spalding, a leading global law firm, is currently seeking a Legal Practice Assistant to join our Denver location. This position joins an innovative and collaborative team focused on providing the highest quality of support to the firm's attorneys.
The firm offers a competitive compensation package. Eligible employees may participate in King & Spalding’s comprehensive benefit program including health and wellness plan, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, profit sharing plan, discount programs, and a Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
Candidates will have the following responsibilities:
- Prepare legal documents such as pleadings, discovery, briefs, petitions, etc.
- Complete state and federal court filings and e-filings.
- Complete e-Records filings.
- Monitor and maintain attorney(s) case dockets.
- Compose correspondence, reports, memoranda.
- Create and edit documents, memos, presentations, and spreadsheets.
- Proofread documents for accuracy, completeness, grammar, and syntax.
- Review, revise, and edit documents.
- Create and maintain files, including chronological files and indexes not stored in Records Department.
- Maintain calendar and contact management.
- Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements.
- Track, organize, and process expense reports, reimbursements and check requests using Chrome River.
- Review and organize voluminous documents.
- Open new clients and matters following New Business Intake and Records Departments' procedures. Prepare conflict of interest forms.
- Assist lawyers with marketing and business development functions.
- Schedule and organize onsite and offsite meetings, conference, speaking engagements, client proposals, and events.
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, proofreading, and organization skills
- Ability to work as a team player with all levels of personnel and clients
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment with high volume of work flow
- Advanced experience with e-filing and e-service in state and federal courts
- Fundamental knowledge of legal terminology, state and federal court procedures
- Well-developed Microsoft Office skills, experience with styles, generating TOAs/TOCs
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed
- Minimum of 1-3 years of mid- or large-sized law firm experience with a high school diploma and/or bachelor’s degree
- Litigation experience is required
- IP Litigation experience is a plus!
We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which now encompasses more than 2,000 lawyers and business professionals in 23 offices worldwide. We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us. The firm offers a competitive compensation package. Eligible employees may participate in King & Spalding’s comprehensive benefit program including health and wellness plan, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, profit sharing plan, discount programs, and a Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law.
The full-time annualized salary range is $55,000 - $80,000. The salary offer will be contingent upon various factors, including but not limited to, relevant experience, internal equity, market data, job location, and other job-related factors permitted by law.