Corporate Paralegal - Global Finance
King & Spalding, a leading global law firm, seeks a Global Finance Paralegal to join our Corporate, Finance & Investments practice group in our Houston office. This is an opportunity to join an innovative and collaborative team focused on supporting our Global Finance practice.
The firm offers a generous total compensation package with bonuses and raises awarded in recognition of individual merit-based performance. Eligible employees may participate in King & Spalding’s comprehensive benefit program including healthcare and wellness benefits, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, profit sharing plan, on-site gym access, on-site childcare facility, discount programs and a substantial Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
Candidates will have the following skills and responsibilities:
- Coordinate closing logistics, prepare closing indices, oversee execution of documents and recordation of appropriate documents;
- Prepare checklists for closing transactions;
- Set up closing binders and prepare closing set letters;
- Prepare and distribute paper/electronic closing sets and CDs;
- Draft post-closing memos according to client specifications;
- Track and update post-closing memos for each deal on a weekly basis;
- Prepare and file UCCs with consideration for jurisdictional nuances;
- Prepare signature packets for multiple loan documents;
- Review loan documents prepared by co-counsel and provide comments and redlines to deal team;
- Prepare and file certificates of formation, good standing, incorporation, and qualifications to do business in Texas, Delaware, and other states;
- Secure tax ID numbers;
- Order lien searches with firm approved vendors and prepare lien summary to include UCCs and court filings;
- Coordinate post-closing lien searches with vendor;
- Draft legal instruments and corporate governance documents;
- File deeds of trust in Texas;
- Assist with various licensure applications;
- Draft “shell” loan documents from forms for attorney completion.
Successful candidates are detail-oriented, efficient, and have the capacity to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment across multiple office locations. Candidates should have well-developed Microsoft Office skills, including intermediate Excel proficiency, as well as experience in the following systems: DocuSign; Adobe Acrobat Professional; DTE Axiom iRedline, DeltaView; iManage or a similar document management system. Familiarity with the use of Virtual Data Rooms is also needed for this role. Candidates should have real estate and Texas law experience. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to solve problems and communicate with all levels of professionals both inside and outside of the firm. Candidates are required to have a bachelor’s degree in with a minimum 3.5 GPA; 5 - 10 previous years of transactional law firm experience is preferred.King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law.