Public Relations Manager
Responsible for supporting all aspects of the firm’s public relations, media relations and internal communications efforts. Identify public relations opportunities and work individually and with outside PR firms to achieve results that reflect and enhance the firm’s brand and positioning. Work closely with the Director of Communications, colleagues in the marketing department and lawyers in all offices. Manage members of the PR support staff.
- Create and implement strategic communications plans for select firm, practices, industry initiatives and offices, as requested.
- Assist the Director of Communications in managing the outside PR firms and coordinating with other vendors.
Public Relations / Media Relations
- Seek opportunities for the firm and its lawyers to receive positive coverage in top-tier business and financial media, legal and other industry trades.
- Serve as a point of contact for media inquiries and (working with an outside PR firms) actively assist lawyers with the placement of articles and expert commentary in media outlets of all types, including print and online.
- Draft talking points and provide media training, as needed.
- Draft, edit, issue and pitch firm press releases and content for internal newsletters.
- Work to leverage content across social media platforms.
- Help coordinate the firm's internal communications efforts, including contributing content to internal vehicles, preparing materials for key presentations to the partnership and drafting 'all personnel' memos on behalf of upper management.
- Maximize the impact of media coverage by integrating results into the firm’s marketing materials. This includes reprints, summarizing coverage in internal publications, etc.
Directories / Awards
- Work with awards team, practice marketing partners, busines development colleagues to secure accolades and rankings for the firm, its practices, and its lawyers. Organize this information for use in marketing efforts.
- Undergraduate Degree required.
- Minimum of five-to-seven years of experience in a public relations or media environment.
- Experience in a law or professional services firm preferred.
- Ability to identify and monitor trends in the legal industry and translate into public relations opportunities.
- Experience writing and/or editing press releases, announcements, and similar materials.
- Excellent communications and organizational skills.
- Experience in and working knowledge of the press and print media.
- Strong attention to detail, with ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Sense of humor, resilience, and desire to learn.
We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which now encompasses more than 2000 lawyers and business professionals in 23 offices worldwide. We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us.
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, or any other status protected by applicable law.