Paralegal - Global Finance
King & Spalding, a leading global law firm, seeks a Global Finance Paralegal to join our Corporate, Finance & Investments practice group in our Atlanta, Georgia office. This is an opportunity to join an innovative and collaborative team focused on supporting our Global Finance practice.
The firm offers a generous total compensation package with bonuses and raises awarded in recognition of individual merit-based performance. Eligible employees may participate in King & Spalding’s comprehensive benefit program including healthcare and wellness benefits, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a health savings account, 401(k) profit sharing plans, on-site gym access, backup childcare resources, discount programs, and a substantial Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
Candidates will have the following skills and responsibilities:
- Coordinate closing logistics; prepare closing index; oversee execution of documents and recordation of appropriate documents;
- Prepare and file UCCs with consideration for jurisdictional nuances;
- Order lien searches with firm approved vendors and prepare lien summary to include UCCs and court filings;
- Conduct intellectual property lien searches (Patents, Trademarks, and Copyrights) with the USPTO and Copyright Office; prepare intellectual property lien summary; file intellectual property security agreements;
- Draft post-closing memos according to client specifications;
- Track and update post-closing memos for each deal on a weekly basis;
- Prepare signature packets for multiple loan documents;
- Review loan documents prepared by co-counsel and provide comments and redlines to deal team;
- Draft legal instruments and corporate governance documents;
- Coordinate post-closing lien searches with vendor;
- Prepare and distribute paper/electronic closing sets and CDs;
- Research corporate filing practices; and
- Assist with various licensure applications.
We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which encompasses more than 2000 lawyers and business professionals in 23 offices worldwide. We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us.
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law.