Paralegal - Intellectual Property
King & Spalding, a leading global law firm, is currently seeking an Intellectual Property Trademark Paralegal to join our Trials and Global Disputes team in our Austin office. This position provides paralegal support to attorneys on our intellectual property team and will report directly to the Director of Administration.
The firm offers a generous total compensation package with bonuses and raises awarded in recognition of individual merit-based performance. Eligible employees may participate in King & Spalding’s comprehensive benefit program including health and wellness plan, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, profit sharing plan, discount programs, and a substantial Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
Candidates will have the following qualifications/responsibilities:
- Manage large domestic and international trademark portfolios, trademark policing, disputes and enforcement, TTAB proceedings, copyright, social media, (e.g. familiarity with dispute policies, DMCA notice and take down), and domain name dispute procedures, due diligence.
- Trademark clearance research.
- Draft trademark applications, statements of use, office action responses, renewals and other trademark maintenance documents, powers of attorney, etc.
- Route documents through state departments and consulates to secure legalization.
- Work closely with docketing department to ensure deadlines are calendared and handled.
- Correspond with international counsel to maintain trademark applications and registrations.
- Correspond directly with clients to report deadlines and report on progress of applications and registrations.
Successful candidates are highly organized, detail-oriented, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Candidates must have experience with domestic and international trademark practice and have the capacity to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, high-volume environment. Candidates should have well-developed Microsoft Office skills, demonstrate the ability to solve problems, and communicate well with all levels of personnel. Candidates are required to have a bachelor’s degree with a 3.5 GPA or higher preferred. Candidates should have approximately 3+ years of intellectual property experience and have the flexibility to work overtime.
We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which now encompasses more than 2000 lawyers and business professionals in 23 offices worldwide. We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us.
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law.