Microsoft Security & Compliance Engineer
King & Spalding, a leading global law firm, is currently seeking a Microsoft Security & Compliance Engineer to join our IT Security team. The Microsoft E5 Security Engineer is responsible for the implementation, operation, maintenance and monitoring of various components of Microsoft Security & Compliance Suite. This person must be well versed in understanding the information technology landscape including Microsoft security, infrastructure, network, client, server, emerging technology standards and trends.
The firm offers a generous total compensation package with bonuses and raises awarded in recognition of individual merit-based performance. Eligible employees may participate in King & Spalding’s comprehensive benefit program including health and wellness plan, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, profit sharing plan, on-site gym access, discount programs, an onsite childcare center and a substantial Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
Candidates will have the following responsibilities:
- Manages the security posture, identifying and remediating vulnerabilities, performing threat modeling, implementing threat protection, and responding to security incident escalations.
- Implements and maintains Microsoft technology (E5) adhering to the security policies established by management and/or the Security Officer.
- Applies expertise in information security and protection systems to eliminate or reduce unauthorized disclosure or destruction of data.
- Implements security auditing tools; follows processes and procedures to monitor network security. Recommends improvements for security enhancements.
- Assists with the investigation of technology security incidents.
- Provides Level 3 support and problem resolution of complex tickets escalated from the Service Desk.
- Manages and monitors all outsourced security functions.
- Contributes to the overall security posture of the firm and provides input to the Systems and Security technology direction and strategy.
Successful candidates will also have at least 2 years of security related experience with any of the following technologies and platforms:
- Azure Identity
- Azure Security Services
- Microsoft Defender for Identity
- Microsoft Sentinel
- Microsoft Client / Server Operating Systems Security
- Security Threat Landscape
- Cloud workload protection
- SIEM, and Cloud Security Analytics
- Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR)
- Security Operation Center
- Microsoft 365 Security
Candidates should have strong leadership and analytical skills. Candidates must be able to communicate security related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff. A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field is strongly preferred. Candidates must have 3 to 5 years’ experience in Microsoft E5 Security and Compliance tools. Candidates should have the ability to develop implementation templates for repeated businesses processes and project plans. Candidates should have well-developed Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Outlook, Excel and Visio. CISSP or other network security certifications are preferred.
We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which now encompasses more than 2000 lawyers and business professionals in 23 offices worldwide. We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us.
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law.