Business Development Coordinator or Sr. Coordinator - Chicago & Special Matters
King & Spalding, a leading global law firm, seeks a Business Development Coordinator or Senior Business Development Coordinator to provide support related to marketing materials, pitches and RFPs, events, award submissions, competitive intelligence research, marketing operations, new business and marketing strategy and initiatives, competitive intelligence research, marketing operations, and other business development and marketing activities as required to support our growing Chicago/Midwest office and firm-wide Special Matters group. In the last year, the number of attorneys based in the Chicago office has increased by more 50% - with anticipated growth to continue in 2022 and beyond. The Special Matters group has a deep bench of more than 125 attorneys globally – many of whom are former federal prosecutors and high-ranking government officials – who handle high-profile white-collar defense and government investigations for some of the most prominent organizations and senior executives around the world.
The firm offers a generous total compensation package with bonuses and raises awarded in recognition of individual merit-based performance. Eligible employees may participate in King & Spalding’s comprehensive benefit program including health and wellness plan, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, profit sharing plan, discount programs, and a substantial Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
This person will be a member of the global Marketing and BD team and based in Chicago, IL. This person will report to the Senior Business Development Manager in Chicago, IL.
The Business Development Coordinator or Senior Business Development Coordinator will have the following responsibilities:
- Marketing Materials – Create and maintain global Special Matters and Chicago regional marketing materials, including fact sheets, brochures, PowerPoint presentations, placemats, and other tailored materials
- Experience Lists – Gather and centralize experience lists for use in pitches, RFPs, presentations, submissions, and other materials
- Pitches/RFPs – Assist with and, at times lead, pitches and RFPs; gather relevant materials and oversee final production of electronic and hardcopy deliverables to meet deadlines; maintain pitch/RFP files, log in pitch tracking system, and obtain outcome updates
- Directory/Award Submissions – Use LexTrack to coordinate and help compile submissions related to legal directories and awards and arrange researcher interviews as applicable
- Client Alerts/Newsletters – Assist with the coordination of client alerts and content development of newsletters
- Event Support/Coordination – Provide support for K&S-hosted events including coordinate development of invitations, other types of content, and event materials with the branding team and the marketing technology team; track follow-up activities of partners after events
- Conference Sponsorships – Provide support for sponsorships and coordinate all activities involved with sponsorship commitments
- Research, Tracking & Reporting – Conduct research on a variety of topics including prospective and current clients, competitors and industry, and market trends; Assist with relationship mapping and BD activities tracking; Assist with reporting and analysis of market trends and BD activities
- Client Targeting & Business Planning – Support the Senior Business Development Manager for Chicago and Special matters on strategic client targeting and business planning efforts, including client teams that span across other practice groups and regions
- Lateral Onboarding – Assist with lateral onboarding activities for Special Matters and Chicago regional attorneys
Candidates must possess exemplary interpersonal skills, strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing, excellent attention to detail, the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, and the ability to incorporate feedback into their performance. Due to the highly sensitive nature of many of our matters, the candidate must be able to be discreet and maintain confidentiality. Knowledge of marketing and business development-related activities is required. Bachelor's degree required. Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Office and PowerPoint. Microsoft Teams, iManage, Microsoft Dynamics, Interaction, and Vuture experience desirable, but not required. 3+ years of relevant legal business development/marketing experience strongly preferred.
We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which now encompasses more than 1200 lawyers and business professionals in 23 offices worldwide. We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us.
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, or any other status protected by applicable law.