King & Spalding, a leading global law firm, seeks a Tax Accountant to join our Finance Department in Atlanta. The Tax Accountant will support the firm’s Tax Managers and Director of Tax.
The firm offers a generous total compensation package with bonuses and raises awarded in recognition of individual merit-based performance. Eligible employees may participate in King & Spalding’s comprehensive benefit program including health and wellness plan, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, profit sharing plan, on-site gym access, discount programs, an onsite childcare center and a substantial Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
Candidates will have the following responsibilities:
- Reconcile various balance sheet tax accounts
- Analyze tax expense accounts
- Assist with preparing VAT returns
- Calculate non-resident partner US and international withholding taxes
- Analyze and compile income attributable to market-based states
- Respond to information requests and notices from US and international tax authorities
- Create year-end audit and tax work papers
- Interact with internal and external personnel to improve processes and procedures
- Assist with tax and non-tax projects as needed
- Support General Accounting team functions and provide backup assistance
Successful candidates are detail-oriented, efficient and have the capacity to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast- paced, high-volume environment. Candidates should have strong Microsoft Office skills, including advanced skills in Excel. Candidates should be able to evaluate and analyze data to determine trends and impact to the organization. Experience in preparing schedules and supporting work papers is required. Candidates must have the ability to solve problems and implement value added solutions with limited direction. Candidates are required to have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and must have at least 1 - 2 years of related job experience as a tax professional. Professional Services industry experience is preferred.
We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which now encompasses more than 2000 lawyers and business professionals in 21 offices worldwide. We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us.
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law.