Director of HR Technology-ATL
King & Spalding, a leading global law firm, is currently seeking a Director of HR Technology to join our Human Resources Department in Atlanta.
The position, reporting to the CHRO, is a key member of the HR team and is responsible for developing and executing a global approach to the firm’s HR technology, payroll systems, and processes. The Director of HR Technology will bring vision to managing a sizeable team and will have excellent project management, communication, and collaboration
The firm offers a generous total compensation package. Eligible employees may participate in King & Spalding’s comprehensive benefit program including health and wellness plan, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, profit sharing plan, on-site gym access, discount programs, an onsite childcare center and a substantial Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
Candidates will have the following responsibilities:
- System administrator for the firm’s HRIS system (Workday).
- Identifies, recommends, tests, and implements changes with appropriate controls in Workday.
- Identifies opportunities to automate various HR functions and improve reporting from Workday
- Develops appropriate communication strategy to educate leadership and employees on Workday and the use thereof.
- Responsible for all payroll processing for the firm at a global level, including the financial management of the firm’s payroll, employee contributions and deductions for taxes, insurance plans, and retirement plans.
- Manages the Payroll function for the Firm, ensuring compliance with applicable state, federal and local tax laws.
- Manages third party vendor relationships related to payroll services, including for international offices.
- Ensures internal controls, procedures, and practices are in place and regularly reviewed and conducts audits as appropriate of the payroll and benefits systems.
- Provides routine commentary on budget assumptions, forecast updates, monthly variances, and trends for the payroll, employee contributions and deductions for taxes, insurance plans, and retirement plans.
- Works closely with the Benefits administrators to ensure accuracy of monthly processing and understanding of underlying benefit plans.
- Coordinates with lawyer talent team on lawyer compensation and status changes.
- Integrates payroll and benefit systems where possible.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change any time with or without notice.
Successful Candidates have excellent executive communication skills, strong analytical and problem resolution skills, and leadership and teamwork building skills. Candidate should have the ability to lead a variety of projects from start to finish including identification and assessment, modeling and analysis, solution design and implementation Candidates should have extensive experience working with HRIS system conversions, with a preference for experience with Workday; deep knowledge and understanding of applicable federal, state and local laws relating to payroll and benefits; experience overseeing payroll with outsourced providers, including multiple international payrolls; and strong knowledge of Financial/Accounting practices including strong financial management skills through experience with systems design and implementation. Candidate should have strong Microsoft Office skills, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Candidates are required to have a Bachelor’s degree (MBA or Master’s degree is preferred); minimum ten years of experience in HRIS with knowledge of payroll, benefits, and HR operations. Preference for that experience being with a global professional services firm.
We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which now encompasses more than 2200 lawyers & business professionals in 23 offices worldwide. We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us.
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law.