Conference Services Manager-WDC
King & Spalding, a leading global law firm, seeks a Conference Center Manager to join our Washington, D.C. office. The Conference Center Manager provides daily direction and long-term planning for the use of the Firm’s conference center and rooftop event space as well as managing contracted food service providers in the Washington DC office. The core hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., although additional evening and weekend hours will be required based on need. Due to the nature of the work associated with this position, it may require additional time beyond the standard forty-hour work week. This is an exempt position.
The firm offers a generous total compensation package with bonuses and raises awarded in recognition of individual merit-based performance. Eligible employees may participate in King & Spalding’s comprehensive benefit program including health and wellness plan, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, profit sharing plan, discount programs, and a substantial Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide supervision, direction, and feedback to direct reports as applicable (including temporary and contract service providers)
- Lead continuous improvement process to identify and implement strategies to enhance and improve the end-user experience
- Serve as primary point of contact for internal clients wishing to use the conference center
- Coordinate with Conference Center Manager in Atlanta and the Associate Director of Events to implement a standard set of procedural practices for various types of commonly hosted events
- Serve as owner and manager of conference center events master schedule
- Schedule and lead routine planning meetings with conference center and marketing staff as needed to maintain clear communication, facilitate event planning, and perform post-event analysis
- Monitor and report physical facility related needs for maintenance/repairs, overtime HVAC, etc. to the appropriate individuals
- Serve as liaison between Facilities and the Marketing/Events team for internal and external client events
- Maintain an active presence in the conference center to oversee the meeting space and overall visitor experience while demonstrating the Firm’s commitment to excellence through visibility
- Provide coordination, ordering, oversight and management of Food Service providers and manage all financial tasks related to outside providers (including client billbacks, invoice processing, contract negotiation, etc.).
- Develop, implement, and monitor progress toward annual food service budget for the WDC office
SPECIFIC SKILLS REQUIRED:
Must be creative, organized and detail oriented with excellent problem solving and communications skills. Must be professional in appearance and demeanor, energetic, and courteous, even in challenging situations. Must possess strong supervisory qualities and work well under pressure. Proficient in Outlook, Word and Excel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Minimum Undergraduate degree preferred. Similar managerial experience in a fast paced, high pressure environment and with “High Touch” clients required.
Must be flexible during periods of heavy workload. Some long workdays and flexible hours as necessary. Some weekend work required. Must be able to adapt to what is needed at any given time with a positive and cooperative spirit. Able to work independently and to organize and prioritize workday is essential.