King & Spalding, a leading global law firm with over 2000 lawyers practicing in 24 offices worldwide, seeks a Graphic Designer to work with the Creative Manager and other members of the Design team to support the firm’s marketing communications initiatives through digital and print media. The ideal candidate is creative, driven and comfortable working on concurrent time-sensitive projects. The individual in this role thrives in a collaborative team environment, is egoless, uses good judgment to effectively execute multiple tasks, and takes ownership of all projects no matter how big or small.
Candidates will have the following responsibilities:
- Design a vast array of digital communications and print collateral, including invitations, newsletters, advertisements, promotional items, displays and zip banners, as well as other marketing, events, and business development pieces as determined by the Creative Manager.
- Solve an array of business and communications challenges through visual design.
- Act as brand ambassador with the ability to uphold the firm’s visual identity and style guidelines.
- Thoughtfully pair words and concepts with visuals and develop bespoke graphics, including type treatments and infographics.
- Assist with translating concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences on the firm’s collection of websites.
- Must demonstrate versatility to design in multiple styles. Must stay on top of emerging technologies and trends.
- Select, work with and problem solve production issues with vendors, including printers and account reps.
- 2-7 years corporate design experience, ideally working as part of an in-house team, preferably in a professional services environment, or with professional services accounts.
- Strong portfolio showcasing ability to translate complex topics visually.
- A clean design aesthetic to complement the King & Spalding brand and knowledge of typographic principles.
- Expert knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Lightroom. Knowledge of AfterEffects preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with wireframing process and fundamentals of UX design and associated software, i.e. xD, Figma and Sketch, required.
- Comfortable working in a PC-environment with some design work done in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills, including superb attention to detail while juggling multiple projects, priorities and deadlines.
- Understanding of print production process, ability to follow die-line templates, specs and all internal quality-control processes as well as ability to problem solve issues on the fly with vendors as needed.
- Ability to work directly with stakeholders, including lawyers, Marketing colleagues, and others on our professional services teams to translate requests/ideas into design and manage design projects.
- BFA in graphic design, or other related design discipline.
Who we are looking for:
- A passionate and dynamic team player with an interest in presenting information in a clear and impactful manner across a variety of media.
- A poised communicator with the ability to present and explain design decisions – including the strategy behind designs – to non-designers in laymen’s terms.
- A calm and professional manner when working under pressure with superior time management skills and a proactive approach.
- A motivated and flexible designer who continually seeks to develop, improve and find client-focused solutions.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and judgment necessary to work effectively with different teams and personnel at all levels.
Please submit your resume along with a portfolio of relevant work. Paid sample design project will be assigned to assess candidate’s understanding of brand principles and visual communications.
We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which now encompasses more than 2000 lawyers and business professionals in 24 offices worldwide. We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us.
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law