King & Spalding, a leading global law firm, is currently seeking a Billing Manager to join our Finance Department. The department offers the opportunity for a billing professional to join an innovative and collaborate team focused on supporting the billing related needs of the firm’s attorneys. The Billing Manager will work closely with the Finance team and will report to the Senior Billing Manager.
The firm offers a generous total compensation package with bonuses and raises awarded in recognition of individual merit-based performance. Eligible employees may participate in King & Spalding’s comprehensive benefit program including health and wellness plan, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, profit sharing plan, on-site gym access, discount programs, an onsite childcare center and a substantial Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
Candidates will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage the billing analysts in Texas, California, and Illinois offices (and other offices as assigned) including but not limited to providing mentoring, training, and ongoing feedback, conducting annual performance evaluations, managing and balancing billing workloads, and overseeing schedules and overtime of direct reports
- Participate in interviews and training for new billing team members, as well as create materials to aid in educating attorneys, secretaries, and legal assistants on billing procedures
- Liaise between attorneys and billing staff as necessary to ensure strong working relationships between partners, administrative support staff, and the Finance Department and billing team
- Manage the unbilled and accounts receivable balances for a limited, assigned group of lawyers/clients
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of client billing and payment terms, discount arrangements, as well as lawyer and client preferences to ensure that bills are issued in a timely and accurate manner and that client and lawyer preferences are appropriately considered
- Make recommendations for write-offs of aged or disputed balances where appropriate and maintain billing rates accordingly
- Make recommendations to management on strategies for improving internal processes that maximize productivity and quality of work
- Work with the Senior Billing Manager to develop standard processes and procedures for all phases of the billing cycle; maintain current documentation of such procedures
- Work on special projects as needed
Successful candidates must demonstrate exemplary customer service skills as well as excellent verbal, written, leadership, and interpersonal skills, and be able to communicate well with all levels of personnel. Candidates must also possess strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines effectively, understanding scope, deliverables, and timelines. Candidates must be proficient in Aderant or a billing industry standard collection software tool as well as Microsoft Office and must be familiar with advanced Microsoft Excel features such as pivot tables, charts, graphs, and formulas. Candidates are required to have a bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or finance; a minimum of five (5) years of experience supervising all or a portion of the billing function in a professional services environment is required.
We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which now encompasses more than 2000 lawyers and business professionals in 22 offices worldwide. We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us.
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law.