King & Spalding, a leading global law firm, currently seeks a Scientific Specialist in any of the King & Spalding US-based offices. Scientific Specialist will function as part of the group integrated within King & Spalding’s Trial & Global Disputes practice group.
The firm offers a generous total compensation package with bonuses and raises awarded in recognition of individual merit-based performance. Eligible employees may participate in King & Spalding’s comprehensive benefit program including health and wellness plan, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, discount programs, and a substantial Paid Time Off (PTO) program
Candidates will have the following responsibilities
- Critically evaluating and summarizing epidemiological studies and data
- Conducting comprehensive literature searches and tracking scientific literature on various scientific topics
- Research and analysis on mechanisms, causes and risk factors for various disease states
- Critically evaluating scientific basis for claims raised in various types of toxic tort or other types of personal injury litigation and development of litigation strategies
- Expert development and coordination
- Master’s/PhD in Epidemiology or Biostatistics
The statements contained in this job description are not necessarily all-inclusive; additional duties may be assigned, and requirements may vary from time to time.
We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which now encompasses more than 2000 lawyers and business professionals in 23 offices worldwide. We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us.
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law