Commercial Real Estate Paralegal
King & Spalding, a leading global law firm, seeks a Commercial Real Estate Paralegal to join our Corporate, Finance and Investments practice in our Atlanta, GA, Charlotte, NC or New York office. The Real Estate Finance Paralegal will work closely with the Real Estate team and will report to the Director of Administration.
The firm offers a generous total compensation package with bonuses and raises awarded in recognition of individual merit-based performance. Eligible employees may participate in King & Spalding’s comprehensive benefit program including health and wellness plan, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, profit sharing plan, on-site gym access, discount programs, an onsite childcare center and a substantial Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
Candidates will have the following responsibilities:
- Draft closing documents including: deeds, bills of sale, assignments leases, estoppel certificates, indemnification agreements, mortgage releases, UCC financing statements, title affidavits, lien waivers, etc.
- Order and analyze title examinations, review exceptions to titles, and prepare necessary documents to correct or clear title
- Order and analyze surveys; prepare and review legal descriptions
- Coordinate closing logistics; prepare closing checklists; oversee execution of documents and recordation of appropriate documents; organize complex transactional files
- Coordinate post-closing follow-up including recording documents, wiring funds, obtaining necessary cancellation documents, organizing and indexing files and overseeing preparation of closing documents binders
- Perform legal research pertaining to multi-state real estate law practice and procedures, proper form execution and acknowledgement of real estate documents for domestic and out of state properties
- Prepare and file entity organizational, amendatory, and dissolution/termination documents; prepare and file foreign qualifications and withdrawals
- Process and track vendor invoices
- Keep accurate time records
Successful candidates are detail-oriented, efficient, and have the capacity to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, high-volume environment. Candidates must have 5 - 20 years of corporate real estate experience in a mid- to large size firm, substantive familiarity with title and survey, and a bachelor’s degree. Candidates should have well-developed Microsoft Office skills, including intermediate Excel proficiency, and demonstrate the ability to solve problems and communicate effectively with all levels of personnel.
We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which now encompasses more than 2000 lawyers and business professionals in 23 offices worldwide. We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us.
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law.