Resource Center Coordinator
King & Spalding, a leading global law firm, is currently seeking a Resource Center Coordinator (2nd shift) to join the Atlanta office. This role offers the opportunity for motivated individuals to join an innovative and collaborate environment focused on supporting best practices and developing solutions to improve processes and procedures.
The firm offers a generous total compensation package with bonuses and raises awarded in recognition of individual merit-based performance. Eligible employees may participate in King & Spalding’s comprehensive benefit program including health and wellness plan, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, profit sharing plan, discount programs, and a substantial Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
Candidates will have the following responsibilities:
- Train operators on new software, procedures and applications
- Serve as primary point of contact between lawyers and staff
- Ensure all after-hour telephone calls are answered
- Review and process Workday timecards and PTO requests
- Convert Adobe PDFs to MS Word documents (and vice versa), using firm-issued conversion software
- Clean and format converted MS Word documents, applying hyper-styles, cross-referencing and generating tables of contents and tables of authorities
- Revise MS Word documents from handwritten copies, using track changes
- Create labels and letters, using MS Word’s mail-merge feature
- Select appropriate state pleading templates for discovery responses
- Create and format PowerPoint presentations using specific design templates and layouts consistent with firm branding
- Create and revise diagrams, tables and organizational charts
- Create and revise Excel spreadsheets, using filters and basic formulae
- Format spreadsheets for printing and converting to Adobe PDFs
- Compile and edit Adobe PDFs, inserting Adobe bookmarks and internal/external links
- Prepare Adobe Forms, organizing pages and applying specific headers and footers
- Utilizing Olympus software to transcribe mp3, .mp4 and .wav audio files
- Generating comparisons using Workshare Compare, Change-Pro or MS Word Compare
- Burn files to and copy CDs/DVDs using Rimage Quick Disk software; printing of same may also be needed
- Prepare DocuSign files
- Create electronic closing binders that contain hyperlinked indexes and bookmarked PDF’s.
- Assist with creating marketing materials, including Pitch proposals, Practice at a Glance, Face Sheets and Placemats, using Adobe InDesign and Photoshop CC.
- Ensure all work requests are logged into Cherwell Management application
Candidates are required to have the equivalency of a high school diploma and a college degree is preferred. Must have at least five years’ comparable experience in a Word Processing Center environment.
Candidates should have advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office 365 (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Microsoft Outlook, Best Authority, TOC and TOA. Additionally, candidates must be proficient in iManage or have familiarity with document management systems. Experience or knowledge of graphics programs, such as Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Visio is a plus. Knowledge of Cherwell, Workday, Microsoft Teams and DocuSign is also a plus, but not required.
Successful candidates are experienced balancing multiple projects, organized, detail oriented, efficient and have the capacity to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
The core hours are Monday through Friday, 3:00 PM to 11:00 PM. Availability to work flexible hours. Some overtime is required.
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law.