King & Spalding, a leading global law firm, is currently seeking a Manager of Recruiting to join our Recruiting Department. This position will support firmwide recruiting for the Government Matters practice group (“GOV”) by providing strategic direction and execution for lateral and summer associate recruiting. This person will work in collaboration with practice group leadership (including talent partners), senior staff, and other stakeholders around the firm to identify hiring needs and ensure our recruiting programs and the talent pipeline are world-class. The primary focus is on associate and counsel recruiting, although because lawyer recruiting, professional development, pro bono, and diversity/inclusion are under the same umbrella at King & Spalding, there are opportunities to work with colleagues in all of those areas on new and continuing initiatives, in addition to collaborating with our lateral partner recruiting program.
The firm offers a generous total compensation package with bonuses and raises awarded in recognition of individual merit-based performance. Eligible employees may participate in King & Spalding’s comprehensive benefit program including health and wellness plans, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, profit sharing plan, on-site gym access, discount programs, an onsite childcare center and a substantial vacation/time off program.
Candidates will have the following responsibilities:
Lateral Associate and Counsel Hiring
- Understand the practice, client expectations, and performance standards in order to lead strategic hiring initiatives for the firm and practice group
- Source candidates, and when necessary, engage search firms
- Work with Recruiting Coordinators and others to review candidate resumes and coordinate interview schedules
- Interview candidates; serve as firm liaison for candidates
- Prepare business case for hiring
- Prepare offer packages and welcome letters
- Collaborate with others on student initiatives and practice-driven needs
- Review candidate resumes in advance of interviews to prepare on-campus interviewers
- Lead practice group hiring meetings, present applicant files, and maintain hiring statistics
- Review work assignments and manage work evaluations
- Supervise planning and promote social events
- Work collaboratively and strategically alongside professional development, diversity, and other departments to identify, recruit, and retain talent
- Be a Firm ambassador to help raise the profile of King & Spalding on campus and in relevant markets
- Participate in firm-wide Recruiting initiatives
- Keep abreast of key market issues and trends; track information and analyze competitive data, best practices, and trends to make recommendations to adopt when appropriate
- Develop and maintain Recruiting budgets
- An undergraduate degree and at least 3 years of experience in a similar role in a professional services firm; or
- A J.D. and at least 2 years of experience in recruiting or professional development in a law firm or other professional services environment; or
- A J.D. and at least 5 years of experience as a practicing lawyer in a law firm.
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law.