Sr. Applications Engineer (End User Computing)
King & Spalding, a leading global law firm, has a significant technology roadmap ahead. Cloud migrations, data and analytics, automations, and modern endpoint management are just a few of the programs being delivered over the coming years. We are seeking a Senior Applications Engineer (End User Computing) who wants to play an important role in propelling our lawyer’s usage of technology and take advantage of these improving capabilities through their devices.
In this position, the selected candidate will have the opportunities to:
- Demonstrate proven technology leadership in the engineering, implementation, and support for operations of the firm’s desktop, virtual and mobile devices, systems management tools and desktop and mobile applications.
- Be responsible for supporting the firm’s end user computing environment, ensuring all hardware and software applications provide the best experience to end users.
- Manage vendor relationships, product upgrades and has extensive interaction with end users and other team members in IT support, application support, systems operations, security, and network operations.
- Provide third level support in the resolution of escalated end user computing issues, maintaining rapport with attorneys and other IT support staff and observing the confidentiality of all firm matters.
Candidates will have the following additional responsibilities:
- Responsible for MDM administration (Microsoft Intune) including end user/device enrollments, new device testing, OS updates, applications, and troubleshooting.
- Responsible for maintaining virtual desktop (VMware Horizon, Azure Virtual Desktop) standards, Microsoft Windows desktops/laptops and iOS mobile devices and applications.
- Evaluates, tests, and packages Microsoft Windows applications. Deploys packages to all endpoint environments.
- Utilizes Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager or Intune to provide software distribution, operating system deployment, and patch management to enterprise workstations/laptops.
- Administers/maintains Microsoft Group Policy Objects (GPO) to ensure adopted security standards.
- Proactively identifies and corrects anomalies, conditions, or problems that negatively impact the end-user-experience.
- Develops detailed documentation that includes conceptual descriptions, procedures, configurations, installations, user training and reference information.
- Trains/coaches the global service desk staff on endpoint and/or mobile device support concepts; creates and reviews knowledge base articles.
- Responsible for writing scripts to improve performance, resolve issues and automate processes.
- Responsible for vulnerability remediation across global endpoint environments.
- 3+ years experience and expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop imaging and systems management platforms. Creation and maintenance of standardized operating system images, upgrade and imaging task sequences, OS and application settings and driver management.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM) and significant experience with Microsoft Modern Desktop Management including Microsoft Endpoint Manager / Intune for Windows management, Autopilot, and iOS mobile device management (MDM).
- Experience with custom reporting and queries for MECM.
- Proficient with scripting languages including PowerShell.
- Experience with Active Directory, Group Policy, Azure AD and Intune policies.
- Expert knowledge and experience managing user profiles and settings, utilizing tools like Microsoft Group Policy, USMT and UEV.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 365 applications.
- Strong working knowledge of legal applications such as iManage, Workshare, Litera, Intapp etc. including installation, customization and integrations.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years of recent experience working in an enterprise desktop / end user computing support and engineering role.
- ITIL Foundations Certification is a plus.
- Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate certification is strongly desirable.
- Evening and weekend hours are required if work demands deem necessary. On-call availability is required with a rotating on-call schedule among the team.
- Must be able to respond to after-hours calls during the week and weekend.
- Local and out of town travel will occasionally be required.
We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which now encompasses more than 2000 lawyers and business professionals in 22 offices worldwide. We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us.
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law.