King & Spalding, a leading global law firm, seeks an Administrative Specialist for the Silicon Valley office. This position is responsible for providing administrative support for the day-to-day coordination and operation of the Silicon Valley office, which encompasses the areas of office services, reception, and secretarial coverage. This position requires maintaining positive relationships with lawyers, support staff, clients, vendors, and working as an effective team member. The highest level of confidentiality and discretion in handling firm information is required.
The firm offers a generous total compensation package with bonuses and raises awarded in recognition of individual merit-based performance. Eligible employees may participate in King & Spalding’s comprehensive benefit program including health and wellness plan, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, profit sharing plan, discount programs, and a substantial Paid Time Off (PTO) program.Candidates will have the following responsibilities:
- Answer all incoming and internal calls. Greet, receive, and register clients and visitors.
- Schedule conference rooms on electronic calendar; coordinate videoconferences. Place orders for catering. Ensure orderly condition of conference rooms and reception area.
- Assign offices to visiting K&S personnel and coordinate related facilities and technical requirements.
- Maintain a constant awareness of activities and follow office security and emergency procedures as needed.
- Assist with scanning, filing, and records keeping.
- Create binders.
- Maintain inventory of supplies for printers, mail, and copy room.
- Sort and deliver incoming mail within established time frames. Pick up and prepare outgoing mail and overnight items to meet attorney and vendor deadlines.
- Work directly with Property Management office, building engineers, and outside vendors to coordinate all deliveries, services, and billing needs.
- Update and maintain database for coordination of access cards. Obtain new cards and cancel existing cards when necessary. Custodian of visitor card inventory.
- Maintain inventory and stock supplies in kitchen and conference rooms.
- Work with IT department to assist with troubleshooting issues.
- Complete daily walk-through, identifying maintenance requiring outside services; place service call to appropriate vendor; direct the activities of the vendor onsite; follow up to ensure that service was completed satisfactorily.
- Maintain overall ordered appearance of corridors, reception, and elevator lobby.
- Serves as liaison with property management regarding building emergency evacuation procedures.
- Provides support for special events as requested.
- Prepare legal documents such as pleadings, discovery, briefs, petitions, etc.
- Complete state and federal court filings and e-filings.
- Monitor and maintain attorney(s) case dockets.
- Compose correspondence, reports, memoranda.
- Create and edit documents, memos, presentations, and spreadsheets.
- Maintain calendar and contact management.
- Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements.
- Track, organize, and process expense reports, invoices, reimbursements, and check requests using Chrome River.
- Enter timesheets for attorneys.
- Review and organize physical and electronic files.
- Open new clients and matters following New Business Intake and Records Departments' procedures. Prepare conflict of interest forms.
- Schedule and organize onsite and offsite meetings, conference, speaking engagements, client proposals, and events.
Successful candidates are forward thinking, energetic and detail oriented, and have the capacity to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, high-volume environment. Candidates should demonstrate the ability to problem solve and communicate with all levels of personnel. Candidates are required to have a high school diploma and at least three years of experience in a comparable role at a law firm or similar professional services environment.
Specific Education/Skills Required:
- High school diploma. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of two years administrative and/or secretarial experience preferably in a law firm or professional services organization.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Knowledge of basic office procedures.
- Communication and interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with a diverse group of clients, lawyers, staff, and vendors utilizing discretion, professional courtesy, and tact.
- Excellent organizational skills necessary to prioritize effectively and meet deadlines while maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while balancing changing priorities in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- A pleasant and professional attitude coupled with excellent client service skills and a strong work ethic.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently with little supervision. Must be comfortable with making decisions as needed.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidential information at all times.
- Must be able to adapt to what is needed at any given time with a positive and cooperative spirit.
We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which now encompasses more than 2,000 lawyers and business professionals in 22 offices worldwide. We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us.
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law.