Senior Sox Financial Analyst
Who Are We?
KORE is truly an international leader delivering connectivity in all seven continents and has been recognized as a Connected World Top 100 Company. Gartner positioned KORE, the people powering IoT innovations and opportunities, as a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Managed Machine-to-Machine Services.
We offer the opportunity to be part of the largest independent machine-to-machine (M2M) network services company in the world. The M2M market has worldwide revenue growth projections in excess of 20% per annum with a billion connections forecasted by 2020. It is likely that M2M will touch everyone’s life every single day and in many ways - from applications ranging from connected vehicle applications to managing smart household appliances to managing your health and the cost of your utilities.
The Senior SOX Financial Internal Controls Analyst is responsible for evaluating the design, effectiveness and testing of the financial controls to support financial reporting and operating procedures. Planning, coordinating, and executing the financial controls testing is a key function of this position. This includes completing thorough process reviews to assess key risk areas, developing process narratives, flowcharts, and detailed test of controls as well as designing remediation plans.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Assisting SOX management team with completing annual risk assessment process at the financial statement line item (FSLI), business process and information system levels based on the company’s calculated materiality
- Requirement to be able to identify financial statement risks in the context of materiality, educate and collaborate with existing business process owners about these risks and design/assign controls to mitigate these risks
- Partner with the SOX team and Business Process owners to improve and effectively sustain KORE’s policies, business processes and information systems to ensure we can identify and report the impact of any business changes and potential fraud risks related to new business models, partnerships, products and services, acquisitions, and other projects, initiatives.
- Responsible for designing and performing test of design and operating effectiveness to identify internal control deficiencies i.e., significant deficiencies, material weaknesses and evaluate the testing results
- Ability to partner and work closely with business process owners and SOX management team with identifying internal control findings and being able to verbally and/or through written communications properly articulate areas of improvement and recommendations on a timely and accurate basis
- Work with your leader to support other projects and initiatives to deliver on the SOX mandate
Skills, Qualifications and Requirements:
- Business degree with major in Accounting or Finance
- 5 + years of SOX experience designing and testing controls, Big 4 audit experience would be an asset
- CPA, CIA, or MBA is required
- Required knowledge of Governance, Risk and Compliance framework i.e., COSO
- Solid understanding and ability to apply risk and control concepts
- Experience working with automated SOX solutions, Audit Board preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the natural ability to lead and influence change
- Demonstrated ability to draft business process narratives and process flow charts using Visio & Lucid Charts
What we offer for our IoTers:
- A fun team environment and great culture
- Benefits Package -Medical, dental and life insurance
- Referral bonus
We appreciate the interest of all candidates but only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
“KORE Wireless Group, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. KORE is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at KORE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. KORE will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.”