Senior Security Engineer - Team Lead
Who Are We?
KORE is a recognized global leader in IoT solutions and management capabilities and is consistently recognized as the highest-ranked non-carrier in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Machine-to-Machine Services worldwide. KORE creates value for customers in the explosive IoT market and is the largest independent IoT connectivity management provider today.
This is a unique opportunity to gain experience in the fastest growing technology field. The Senior Security Engineer – Team Lead will be responsible for meeting the security team’s operational KPIs and ensuring all our company’s technical security solutions are implemented and maintained in accordance with security best practices and organizational requirements. This individual will work among network, systems, and software engineering teams to ensure protection of company assets and data.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Lead efforts in evaluating, testing, and monitoring the overall security of KORE’s systems, networks, and applications.
- Ensure proper configuration and management of security tools including SIEM, DLP tools, vulnerability scanners, DDoS protection, Webapp Firewalls, and anti-spam/anti-malware platforms.
- Manage relationships with Network Engineering, Product Development, IT Support and Systems Engineering teams, to ensure that new and existing infrastructure, systems, and applications meet appropriate security requirements and standards.
- Ensure technical security compliance with ISO27001, SOX, PCI-DSS, GDPR, and other Federal, State, and international regulations.
- Create comprehensive reports on performance of all operational security aspects.
- Assist the Security Director in defining team KPIs and making sure they are met.
- Manage and maintain adequate compliance documentation presentable for external and internal audits.
- Perform risk analysis and threat modelling exercises and based on the outcome, provide clearly defined remediation actions.
- Initiate and participate in cross-functional projects along with individuals from IT, Finance, Legal, HR, and Development to design and implement security solutions and/or requirements.
- Create and maintain Information Security documentation (like policies, procedures, technical baselines etc.)
- Stay abreast of current and emerging security threats and advise on security technologies to mitigate threats where possible.
- Manage security related support activities to KORE customers and employees.
- Actively engage in internal penetration testing and security assessments of any kind.
Skills, Qualifications and Requirements:
- Cloud Security (Azure/AWS/GCP)
- Operating systems: Cisco IOS, FortiOS, F5 TMOS, CentOS, Ubuntu, Windows2008/2012/2016/2019/10/11
- DBMS: MySQL, MSSQL, PostgreSQL
- Active Directory / LDAP
- TCP/IP (v4/v6)
- Multi Factor Authentication/Single Sign On (SAML)
- Tenable products (Tenable.io, Nessus Professional, Tenable.sc)
- Web Application Firewalls (Cloudflare)
- OWASP and Web application security scanning (SAST/DAST –Veracode/Burpsuite)
- SIEM (USM Anywhere, Elastic)
- Microsoft 365 Security
- Anti-Malware / Endpoint Detection & Response (CrowdStrike)
- Email spam protection (Mimecast)
- IoT Security (best practices)
- Understanding of security controls (e.g., access control, auditing, authentication, encryption, integrity, cryptography, public key - infrastructure).
- Knowledge of IT Risk and Security governance
- Required Work Experience 7+ years in technology role with 5 years or more of Information Security experience.
- Previous experience in information security engineer role required. System, Network, and Application Engineering background is a plus.
What we offer for our IoTers:
- Referral bonus
- A dynamic and international working environment in an innovative and growing industry
- A competitive salary with benefits package – Medical, dental and life insurance
- On-going skill development through our training programs.
- Working alongside other support engineers, DevOps engineers and developers to build and maintain great products.
We appreciate the interest of all candidates but only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
“KORE Wireless Group, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. KORE is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at KORE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. KORE will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.”