Tier 2, Technical Support
Are you looking for a dynamic work environment? We are looking for a Technical Support to join our team in EMEA!
The Tier 2, Technical Support, plays a critical role as secondary escalation in resolving technical customer issues providing product and software training and troubleshooting software and hardware issues while maintaining established Service Level Objectives. Tier II Support will be providing advanced support for Tier I escalated tickets, related to IoT Cellular/Mobile Connectivity, MVNO/MVNE solutions, IoT Hardware and Connectivity Management Platforms.
Who We Are?
KORE is a recognized global leader in IoT solutions and management capabilities, and is consistently recognized as the highest-ranked non-carrier in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Machine-to-Machine Services worldwide. KORE creates value for customers in the explosive IoT market, and is the largest independent IoT connectivity management provider today.
The Tier 2, Technical Support is responsible to liaise the customer wholesale relationships with technical staff to design and implement KORE products and service. This role works in close collaboration with other Tiers and cross-functional units to ensure all technical requirements are fully understood and all requests are promptly driven to resolution.
- Provide advanced support to Tier I escalated tickets
- Incident and Problem Management
- Rotational On-Call support owning Incident Management process for the Tier II Technical Support Team
- Prompt triage of technical tickets and bugs and appropriately escalate priority issues and unresolved issues to appropriate Tier III support or as defined by process and include all relevant details (such as problem description and actions performed to-date) including verify resolution with customer
- Manage all Operational Customer Communications (24x7), including:
- Receiving/acknowledging alerts and determining urgency
- Gather the necessary outage updates from the involved Tiers and/or cross-functional teams
- Develop and communicate critical outage notifications to customers and internal organizations and keep them informed of status based on severity level update frequency
- Identify chronic and related incidents (Problem Management) that may be affecting multiple customers and/or services
- Identify and escalate not prioritized customer issues to GCS management for resolution
- Supports customers during test and development cycle to optimize KORE solutions/network by end-to-end UAT testing, diagnosis and troubleshooting pre-launch/post-launch of KORE products and services
- Document new and maintain Work Instruction/techniques/products/processes/implementations.
- Develop and build new/improve internal processes that help make the support team's work easier
- Manage specification and schedule of customer requested services via available intake forms e.g. APN, IP management, VPN needs, SMS messaging, SMPP binds and routing requirements
- Identify opportunities to train and mentor Tier I support team members Help implement new tools/process/instructions to assist the Tier I team in easier more sustainable troubleshooting
- Weekly, Bi-weekly and Monthly customer reporting
- Job duties may include additional responsibilities as assigned by supervisors or other managers related to the position/department
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate Degree in a Technical Field; However, work experience and in-role training will be strongly considered during the hiring process
- Minimum of 3-4 years of hands-on technical experience in M2M, IoT, cellular/mobile telecommunications, geolocation services and/or data networking
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Demonstrated analytical problem solver with strong computer skills, customer focused and proactive
- Experience in telecom, networking, wireless, support services, troubleshooting techniques
- Basic understanding of virtual infrastructure environments
- Willingness to take ownership of highly challenging tasks and problems
- Aptitude to thrive in a team atmosphere, while defining issues/hypotheses, performing complex analysis, and assisting with preparation and recommendations of solution alternatives
- Passion for innovative ideas, coupled with the ability to understand and assimilate different points of view
- Organization and time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently, meet deadlines and focus despite conflicting demands
- Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint for creating reports and presentations
- Must have excellent command of the English language, both oral and written
- Dutch and Spanish language are considered a plus
PREFERRED SKILLS, ABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- IP internetworking of wireless areas
- CCNA or equivalent
- Knowledge of 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G architectures including
- Corresponding GPRS/GSM solutions
- SMS messaging wireless technologies
- Service delivery
- Roaming footprint and interworking
We appreciate the interest of all candidates but only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
KORE provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment.
“KORE Wireless Group, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. KORE is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at KORE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. KORE will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.”