Are you a seasoned Firmware Engineer? Would you like to work on IoT platforms that will power millions of connected devices? How about directly influencing and shaping the future of our industry-leading connectivity platform, known as Microvisor? Then you may be the person our team needs!
In this impactful role you will be joining a talented and collaborative team of professionals who are passionate about pushing the boundaries of embedded systems and IoT technologies. As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will have the autonomy and empowerment to influence the development and expansion of our Microvisor platform. Your decisions and contributions will directly shape the future of our connectivity solutions and contribute to the success of our organisation.
Who are we?
KORE is a recognized global leader in IoT solutions and management capabilities and is consistently recognized as the highest-ranked non-carrier in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Machine-to-Machine Services worldwide. KORE creates value for customers in the explosive IoT market and is the largest independent IoT connectivity management provider today.
What will you do?
You will play a crucial role in driving the design, development, and deployment of our IoT solutions and platforms, capitalising on the expertise and offerings of the KORE Device Platform unit.
The primary responsibilities will include:
- Develop and maintain secure embedded software solutions for our products, utilising C, C++, Python and other relevant programming languages.
- Design, implement, and optimise low-level code for various interfaces, including things like USB and serial ports, while considering device security requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define software requirements, architecture, and integration plans, ensuring adherence to security best practices.
- Conduct thorough threat modelling, vulnerability assessments, and risk analysis to identify and mitigate potential security risks.
- Implement robust security features, protocols, and mechanisms to protect the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of embedded systems and connected devices.
- Ensure software quality through rigorous testing, debugging, and performance optimization, with a specific focus on security-related aspects.
- Stay updated with the latest advancements in embedded system security, emerging threats, and mitigation techniques.
- Assist in product certification and compliance activities related to security standards and regulations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software defects and vulnerabilities.
- Detect and mitigate security-related defects advance, by inspection, correct design or special techniques like fuzzing.
- Collaborate with hardware engineers to ensure secure integration of software and hardware components.
- Participate in the entire product development lifecycle, from concept to deployment and post-release support, while considering security implications at each stage.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field. Relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Proficiency in C and C++ programming languages, with a solid understanding of embedded system design principles.
- Strong knowledge of embedded architectures running on ARM processors.
- Experience working with embedded operating systems, e.g. FreeRTOS and Azure RTOS.
- Demonstrated experience in developing low-level code. E.g for USB and serial port interfaces.
- Proven track record of bringing embedded software products to market successfully.
- Familiarity with IoT technologies and wireless communications protocols, including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and cellular modems.
- Experience in designing and implementing secure embedded systems, including device authentication, secure boot, encryption, and secure communication protocols.
- Knowledge of software development tools, debuggers, and emulators commonly used in embedded systems.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to troubleshoot complex security issues.
- Strong understanding of device security principles, threat modelling, and risk analysis.
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities to work effectively within multidisciplinary teams.
- Self-motivated and proactive, with a passion for staying updated with emerging technologies, industry trends, and security advancements.
- Familiarity with hardware debugging - e.g. reading schematics, use of oscilloscope, logic analyser, soldering.
“KORE Wireless Group, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. KORE is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at KORE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. KORE will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.”