Network Management Systems Engineer
KORE is a recognized global leader in IoT solutions and management capabilities, and is consistently recognized as the highest-ranked non-carrier in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Machine-to-Machine Services worldwide. KORE creates value for customers in the explosive IoT market, and is the largest independent IoT connectivity management provider today.This is a unique opportunity to gain experience in the fastest growing technology field.The Network Management Systems (NMS) Engineer is responsible for the design, coding, development, and modification of the NMS products to address the business requirements for monitoring of critical and real-time applications and services.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Manage, develop, and maintain a comprehensive suite of network monitoring and management tools - Maintaining service levels for prompt detection/escalation of outage events, performance degradation and systematic trend analysis across the Core Network systems.
- Perform network device monitoring - Monitor at device level to determine the health of network devices/services and the extent to which their performance matches capacity plans and service-level agreements (SLAs).
- Create Intelligent notifications - Configuring alerting that will respond to specific network scenarios.
- Manage/maintain existing NMS tools - Install service packs, add new devices, install upgrades/service packs and tune for optimal performance/health of the NMS.
- Collaborate with other engineering groups on optimal server/systems event thresholds/triggers and implement throughout the NMS.
- Collaborate with network/service operations architects to obtain correct monitoring scenarios for new/ongoing projects.
- Develop/produce recurring and ad-hoc reporting.
Skills, Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Information Technology
- Solid knowledge with configuring and troubleshooting Unix/Linux systems
- Solid knowledge in scripting languages including but not limited to; bash, Perl and phyton.
- Understanding of a network infrastructure, firewalls, routers, switches especially a sound knowledge in the SNMP protocol.
- Sound knowledge in SQL - MySQL, MsSQL and Postgres.
- Sound knowledge in virtualization technology/cloud services such as VMWare and Azure.
- At least, 2-3 years of hands-on experience within NMS technologies including but not limited to; NetFlow, Grafana, Nagios, Zabbix, BigPanda, Opsgenie, Datadog, Alertra and Syslog.
- Experience with trouble ticketing systems
- Independent and able to perform tasks with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, positive attitude and a team player
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a priority manner
- Ability to learn quickly, follow procedures, and triage technical issues
We appreciate the interest of all candidates but only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
KORE provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment.
“KORE Wireless Group, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. KORE is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at KORE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. KORE will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.”