Senior Software Engineer
Are you a seasoned Software Engineer? Would you like to work on IoT platforms that power millions of connected devices? Then you may be the person our team needs!
The KORE IoT Senior Software Engineer is a critical part of the IoT team that is facilitating creators of connected devices to be successful. The team is working to enable customers to understand their use of data. Providing them with valuable insights and precise billing.
Who are we?
KORE is a recognized global leader in IoT solutions and management capabilities and is consistently recognized as the highest-ranked non-carrier in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Machine-to-Machine Services worldwide. KORE creates value for customers in the explosive IoT market and is the largest independent IoT connectivity management provider today.
What will you do?
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for development and maintenance of the Billing and Usage infrastructure for IoT. You will ensure that our customers always know how much they use and are accurately billed for the usage.
The primary responsibilities will include:
- You will hone your skills to write maintainable code with extensive test coverage, working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment with CI/CD pipelines).
- You will learn cutting-edge skills by tackling complex problems in distributed computing.
- You will be spending some of your time infusing your technical expertise and know-how into your team through code reviews and whiteboarding sessions.
- You will be working with our Tech Lead to set up best practices for the area of ownership. You will be working with Scala/Java/Python/Kafka/AWS.
Required Education and Experience:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of hands-on experience in a large-scale, distributed applications environment using JVM-based technologies is required. Scala knowledge is a plus.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or Equivalent experience.
- Hands-on experience scaling production backend systems, with the proven ability to design and develop horizontally-scalable, resilient, and performing-under-load systems.
- Extensive experience scaling data tiers using various SQL and NoSQL databases, and caching technologies.
- Solid knowledge of Linux based systems. Ideally, you have a background working with cloud computing and container technologies.
- Experience with version control concepts as well as unit and integration testing methodologies.
- Usage metering and/or Billing domain is a plus.
What we offer for our IoTers:
- A fun team environment and great culture
- Benefits Package -Medical, dental and life insurance
- Referral bonus
We appreciate the interest of all candidates but only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
KORE provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Pre-employment background checks are required.
“KORE Wireless Group, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. KORE is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at KORE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. KORE will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.”