The Product Owner is a member of the Agile Scrum Team responsible for driving the long-term vision, development priorities and requirements for our IoT platform. The Product Owner serves as the customer proxy responsible for working with Product Management and other stakeholders to define and prioritize stories in the team backlog.
KORE is a recognized global leader in IoT solutions and management capabilities, and is consistently recognized as the highest-ranked non-carrier in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Machine-to-Machine Services worldwide. KORE creates value for customers in the explosive IoT market, and is the largest independent IoT connectivity management provider today.
- Leads requirement gathering effort, partnering with product managers, operations team, vendor management and other stakeholders.
- Ensures prioritization and scope to maximize our software development investment, with an eye to product priorities as well as future platform investment.
- Leads backlog grooming to decompose stories and enable estimation.
- Translates product roadmap into detailed requirements.
- Conveys the Vision and Goals at the beginning of every Release and Sprint.
- Authors user stories that are granular enough to be achieved in a single sprint.
- Attends scrum meetings including standups, review, retrospectives, and demos
- Clearly defines acceptance criteria.
- Answers questions from software engineering team and clarifies requirements.
- Inspects the product progress at the end of every Sprint and has complete authority to accept or reject work done.
- Partners with our Product Managers on trade-offs between schedule and requirements.
- Works closely with engineering, quality, and operations teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources, with a bias towards touchless solutions.
- Aligns with key initiatives and cross-functional goals.
- Ensures requirements include performance, scalability and automation targets.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s (BA or BS) or Masters in business, computer science or related field; or equivalent experience.
- Five years’ previous experience as a product manager, program manager, business analyst, or in a related field.
- In-depth understanding of Agile methodologies, product life-cycle, and up-to-date on industry standards and best practices.
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel) and standard product requirement planning tools (JIRA, Eclipse or similar).
- Working knowledge of software development, software as a service.
- Familiarity with REST/Json/XML interfaces, methods and schemas.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Comfortable working with multiple, cross functional teams, in-house and remote, domestically and international.
- Communicates with confidence and demonstrate strategic and technical mastery of their platform area when interacting with executives, peers, customers, and partners.
- Takes action to drive issues to resolution.
- Inspires teams to over-achieve in a fast-paced, distributed environment.
- Collaborates across the company to ensure alignment of priorities.
- Actively engages key stakeholders to drive business requirements.
- Completes projects and tasks on time, on target, and on budget.
- Reports regularly on performance against business metrics and objectives
We appreciate the interest of all candidates, but only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.