Senior Network Engineer
KORE is a recognized global leader in IoT solutions and management capabilities, and is consistently recognized as the highest-ranked non-carrier in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Machine-to-Machine Services worldwide. KORE creates value for customers in the explosive IoT market, and is the largest independent IoT connectivity management provider today.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Carries out agreed network maintenance tasks and specified operational configuration of network components.
- Establish and diagnose network problems/faults using the required troubleshooting methodology and tools.
- Maintains the network support process and checks that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures.
- Ensures network configurations are applied to meet operational requirements in line with agreed procedures.
- Assist with IPSec VPN tunnel builds between KORE’s Global IoT Networks and Mobile Network Operator Partners.
- Uses network management software and tools to investigate and diagnose network problems, collect performance statistics and create reports, working with users, other staff and suppliers as appropriate.
- Contributes to the planning and implementation of infrastructure maintenance and updates. Implements agreed infrastructure changes and maintenance routines.
- Provisions/installs, configures and maintains infrastructure services and components.
- Designs specific network components using agreed architectures, design standards, patterns and methodology.
- Contributes to the development of recovery routines and contingency procedures.
- Mentoring network engineers on best practices and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field or significant experience in a comparable role within the Telecommunications industry.
- Extensive experience of network operating systems, specifically Cisco, Fortigate and F5.
- Advanced knowledge of network analysis and monitoring tools.
- Experience of Network Automation tools, specifically Ansible and Python coding.
- Experience of Software Defined Network and Network Function Virtualization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to cope with a rapidly changing environment
- Effectively plans and organizes workload
- Capable of working under pressure using own initiative
- Willing to contribute ideas for improvement and challenge the status-quo
- Experience of ITIL is desirable
- Experience of Prince2 or PMP is desirable
- Experience with SDN/NFV a plus
We appreciate the interest of all candidates, but only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.