Who Are We?
KORE is a recognized global leader in IoT solutions and management capabilities, and is consistently recognized as the highest-ranked non-carrier in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Machine-to-Machine Services worldwide. KORE creates value for customers in the explosive IoT market, and is the largest independent IoT connectivity management provider today.
This is a unique opportunity to gain experience in the fastest growing technology field. The role of Cloud Engineer is responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of cloud infrastructure solutions. They will be responsible to design, develop, test, deploy, troubleshoot, support, and maintain a wide range of large-scale deployment of enterprise applications in Azure, AWS, and Google Cloud Services. The cloud engineer is expected to have experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) as well as other software platforms, such as Ansible, GitLab and JIRA.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Manage the development of cloud infrastructure and services for a large enterprise.
- Work with internal customers to define, design, implement, test, deploy, troubleshoot, and support all aspects related to cloud platforms.
- Provide technical expertise in managing multiple projects simultaneously across multiple platforms (Microsoft Azure, GCS and/or AWS).
- Support the deployment of new technologies on top of existing systems, such as application migrations, integrations, etc.
- Assist with implementation of new features that will impact our business objectives while maintaining an agile environment.
Skills, Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Three to five years’ experience in a Cloud Engineer role or related position with cloud computing and/or data center infrastructure development (cloud services).
- Strong understanding of how to design and build high availability solutions that support multiple business units.
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks.
- Knowledge of web services, API, REST and RPC.
- Ability to understand technical terminologKy used by IT leadership.
- Certification as an AWS Solutions Architect, Cloud Security Certification, and/or OpenStack Administrator Certification a plus. (Other cloud-related certification also a plus.)
- Interest in Cloud Engineering and its impact on greater business practices.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace.
- Five years’ experience in developing software using languages such as Java, Python, C++ or Ruby.
- Experience with SOA applications and cloud-based services, preferably AWS.
- Experience working with OpenStack, Linux/UNIX/CentOS, Docker, Terraform, and Cloud Formation.
- Extensive knowledge of APIs to design RESTful services, and integrate them with existing data providers, using JSON or XML as needed. Experience with deploying large scale applications using Chef, Puppet, Code Deploy and Ansible.
- Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and related data stores such as Postgres.
- Extensive experience with open-source technology, software development and system engineering.
What we offer for our IoTers:
- A fun team environment and great culture
- Benefits Package -Medical, dental and life insurance
- Referral bonus
We appreciate the interest of all candidates but only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
KORE provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Pre-employment background checks are required.
“KORE Wireless Group, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. KORE is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at KORE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. KORE will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.”