Senior Systems Engineer
Do you enjoy troubleshooting system infrastructures? If you are an experienced Systems Engineer with an interest in technical infrastructure, then you may be the person our team needs. We are seeking a professional to join our team as our Senior Systems Engineer.
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for the design, build out, and maintenance KOREs expanding infrastructure.
KORE is a recognized global leader in IoT solutions and management capabilities, and is consistently recognized as the highest-ranked non-carrier in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Machine-to-Machine Services worldwide. KORE creates value for customers in the explosive IoT market, and is the largest independent IoT connectivity management provider today.
- Ensure and demonstrate superb technical competence, deliver mission critical infrastructure and ensure the highest levels of availability, performance, and security are met
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Install, configure, test, and maintain operating systems, application software, and system management tools.
- Ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identifying possible solutions, and working with developers to implement those fixes.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks. Participating in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Participate in research, concept testing, and usability testing to deploy new technologies.
- Provide expertise within a team to deliver required services and deliverables.
- Assist with design of KORE’s Datacenter and Cloud Infrastructure
- Provide documentation and visuals of KORE’s infrastructure services.
- Assist with the build and support KORE Infrastructure and Services.
- Continuous review and improvement of deliverables within the team.
- Provide expertise of services and a lead technical role within the team.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years working in an IT Ops role
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Expert of Systems Engineering and concepts
- Expert understanding of DNS, DHCP, AD, Group Policy
- Expert knowledge of server, storage, and network hardware
- Expert troubleshooting skills, infrastructure services, systems stability & networking techniques; subnetting, vlan, nat, load balancing
- Expert knowledge of backup technologies and practices, virtualization technologies and service monitoring systems
- Expert understanding of container services, orchestration, and distributed applications.
- Experience designing datacenter infrastructure and systems
- Experience with infrastructure automation
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
- Nimble SAN Experience
- Expert VMWare Experience
- Expert Kubernetes Experience
- Working with Infrastructure As Code
- Experience with Zabbix and Grafana
- Experience with Rancher
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Ansible
- Experience with Apache Cassandra
- Experience with Clickhouse
- Experience with Apache Kafka
- Experience with Ceph Storage
KORE provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks.
“KORE Wireless Group, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. KORE is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at KORE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. KORE will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.”