Manager, SEC External Reporting
Are you a technical accounting manager? We are seeking someone responsible for researching and applying technical accounting standards to join our team as Manager, SEC External Reporting.
The Manager, SEC External Reporting is responsible for researching and applying technical accounting standards, ensuring consolidated financial statements and management discussion and analysis (MD&A) meet SEC filing requirements in accordance with US GAAP, Reg. S-X, Reg. S-K, Reg. FD, etc.) and providing accurate and timely information for the Company’s external audit process.
This role will provide leadership for external reporting and technical accounting functions. This is a high visibility individual contributor role, interacting with senior leadership across accounting, finance, and operations.
KORE is a recognized global leader in IoT solutions and management capabilities, and is consistently recognized as the highest-ranked non-carrier in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Machine-to-Machine Services worldwide. KORE creates value for customers in the explosive IoT market, and is the largest independent IoT connectivity management provider today.
Primary Responsibilities but are not limited to:
- Ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Required to work closely with the finance team to support the financial and operational goals of the Company, interface with senior leadership and assist the Group Controller in any other duties.
- Overall responsibility for significant and/or non-recurring complex transactions for proper accounting treatment and period-end posting such as analyzing and supporting critical accounting estimates on an annual basis; review and confirm segment reporting and earning per share processes are correct; annual and quarterly technical accounting position papers to re-confirm historical functional currency determinations, long lived asset and goodwill impairment testing results; quarterly lower of cost and net realizable value assessment and need for warranty provision; etc.
- Research, and provide appropriate accounting recommendations in accounting memos for complex transactions in accordance with US GAAP.
- Prepare 10-K, 8-K, and 10-Q filings in conjunction with management team and maintain detailed work papers to support disclosures.
- Stay current on US GAAP accounting standards and SEC Reporting Guidelines i.e. Regulation FD, S-X, S-K, S-T, Staff Accounting Bulletins, Proxy rules, etc. and provide internal training to executives and staff.
- Maintain and meet all SEC filing deadlines.
- Draft and present footnote disclosures and supplemental notes to financial statements to Group Controller, CFO and/or Disclosure Committee.
- Manage and review/prepare accounting entries for various accounts, including the company’s debt instruments, shareholder’s equity (i.e. maintain “Cap Table”, shares outstanding reconciliation, stock option calculations and entries using Black-Scholes Model), acquisition-related accounting, and certain other liability accounts.
- Advise on and oversee accounting treatment for key revenue and procurement contracts – provide assistance and ensure accounting conclusions are properly documented and updated in accordance with ASC 606 and ASC 450.
- Assist with research, analysis, and implementation of new accounting pronouncements.
- Develop accounting policies, processes and internal controls, consistent with US GAAP.
- Partner with Sales and Procurement Operations to review and provide valuable feedback on new revenue and procurement contracts for accounting, finance and legal implications.
- Key interface with external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Experience working in high-tech, telecom and/or manufacturing industries would be considered an asset.
- Team player, engendering credibility, and confidence within and outside the company.
- Accounting lead to perform all acquisition related due diligence, accounting and technical accounting memos and working with external valuators and tax advisors to complete purchase price accounting and financial statement note disclosures.
- Act in accordance with KORE’s policies and in complete alignment with the Corporate Culture
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a Finance; a CPA from a Big 6 audit firm with extensive experience with SEC filings (10-K, 10-Q, 8-K), is a must.
- Minimum 5 to 10+ years of technical accounting experience.
- Strong working knowledge of NetSuite and Excel is required.
- Experience and ability to analyze and implement new accounting standards a must with exposure to revenue recognition, complex equity, and other compensations structures, acquisition accounting, consolidations, and foreign currency transactions.
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a strong capacity to prioritize and complete asks in a timely manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills is a must.
- Exceptional organizational skills, follow-up skills and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality work, think critically, and solve problems.
We appreciate the interest of all candidates but only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
KORE provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks.
“KORE Wireless Group, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. KORE is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at KORE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. KORE will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.”