Director, Global Technical Support
Are you a leader in Customer Support? If you are an experienced Support in the telcom field, then you may be the person our team needs! We are seeking a great team player to join our team as a Director, Global Technical Support.
Who Are We?
KORE is a recognized global leader in IoT solutions and management capabilities, and is consistently recognized as the highest-ranked non-carrier in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Machine-to-Machine Services worldwide. KORE creates value for customers in the explosive IoT market, and is the largest independent IoT connectivity management provider today.This is a unique opportunity to gain experience in the fastest growing technology field. The Director, Global Technical Support provides leadership and direction to the technical support teams, as well as oversees all aspects of support, including systems, tools and personnel necessary to maintain a first class-customer support experience.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Provide thoughtful leadership, strategic insight and clear communication (both written and verbal)
- Proactively identify and assess critical issues and make appropriate recommendations/changes
- Collaborate effectively with internal and external teams to resolve customer incidents
- Track, analyze and create executive operational metric dashboards
- Create and implement processes and procedures involving Support
- Work collaboratively with internal business partners and act as a primary liaison and final approver for any projects/processes/communication that are being created from other departments that directly impact the Company’s customers
- Help guide the direction of Support deliverables, training, staff organization, and goals
- Instill best practices within the Support team
- Investigate and adopt technical tools that will allow the Support team to resolve problems in a faster and more efficient manner
- Work with team and internal groups to create standard process flows for troubleshooting/resolution between departments
- Work directly with customers, cross-functional teams and leadership on escalated issues
- Work closely with KORE’s Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) to ensure complete delivery of KORE’s services to its customers
- Create and develop a diverse, high-performing support team by mentoring and coaching direct reports
- Demonstrate empathy and drive actions based on customer situations and needs
- Possess an understanding of the IoT industry
Skills, Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or technical B.S. degree. MBA is a +
- Minimum of 12 years of networking and/or telecommunications support services experience and at least 8 years of leadership experience leading global technical support teams
- Minimum of 5 years IP internetworking knowledge, including routing & VPNs
- Ability to pull/analyze data used for decision making and identification of process improvement opportunities
- An understanding of GPRS/GSM, CDMA and SMS messaging wireless technologies, service delivery, and architectures and or M2M functionality
- Experience with using ServiceNow a +
- Excellent command of English language, both oral and written
- Excellent communication skills
- Spanish, Dutch language a +
What we offer for our IoTers:
- A fun team environment and great culture
- Benefits Package -Medical, dental and life insurance
- Referral bonus
We appreciate the interest of all candidates but only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
KORE provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Pre-employment background checks are required.
“KORE Wireless Group, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. KORE is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at KORE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. KORE will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.”