KORE is a recognized global leader in IoT solutions and management capabilities, and is consistently recognized as the highest-ranked non-carrier in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Machine-to-Machine Services worldwide. KORE creates value for customers in the explosive IoT market, and is the largest independent IoT connectivity management provider today.
This is a unique opportunity to gain experience in the fastest growing technology field. The role of Product Owner is a member of the Agile Scrum Team responsible for driving the long-term vision, development priorities and requirements for our IoT platform. The Product Owner serves as the customer proxy responsible for working with Product Management and other stakeholders to define and prioritize stories in the team backlog.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Leads requirement gathering effort, partnering with product managers, operations team, vendor management and other stakeholders.
- Ensures prioritization and scope to maximize our software development investment, with an eye to product priorities as well as future platform investment.
- Leads backlog grooming to decompose stories and enable estimation.
- Translates product roadmap into detailed requirements.
- Conveys the Vision and Goals at the beginning of every Release and Sprint.
- Authors user stories that are granular enough to be achieved in a single sprint.
- Attends scrum meetings including standups, review, retrospectives, and demos
- Clearly defines acceptance criteria.
- Answers questions from software engineering team and clarifies requirements.
- Inspects the product progress at the end of every Sprint and has complete authority to accept or reject work done.
- Partners with our Product Managers on trade-offs between schedule and requirements.
- Works closely with engineering, quality, and operations teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources, with a bias towards touchless solutions.
- Aligns with key initiatives and cross-functional goals.
- Ensures requirements include performance, scalability and automation targets.
Skills, Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s (BA or BS) in business, computer science or related field; or equivalent experience.
- In-depth understanding of Agile methodologies, product life-cycle, and up-to-date on industry standards and best practices.
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel) and standard product requirement planning tools (JIRA, Eclipse or similar).
- Working knowledge of software development, software as a service.
- Familiarity with REST/Json/XML interfaces, methods and schemas.
- Comfortable working with multiple, cross functional teams, in-house and remote, domestically and international.
- Communicates with confidence and demonstrate strategic and technical mastery of their platform area when interacting with executives, peers, customers, and partners.
- Takes action to drive issues to resolution.
- Inspires teams to over-achieve in a fast-paced, distributed environment.
- Collaborates across the company to ensure alignment of priorities.
- Actively engages key stakeholders to drive business requirements.
- Completes projects and tasks on time, on target, and on budget.
- Reports regularly on performance against business metrics and objectives
What we offer for our IoTers:
- A fun team environment and great culture
- Benefits Package -Medical, dental and life insurance
- Referral bonus
We appreciate the interest of all candidates but only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
KORE provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Pre-employment background checks are required.
“KORE Wireless Group, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. KORE is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at KORE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. KORE will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.”