SOX Financial Controls Manager
Are you a Finance professional looking for a new experience? If you are a skilled Financial Controller, then you may be the person our team needs! We are seeking a great team player to join our team as a SOX Financial Controls Manager.
KORE is a recognized global leader in IoT solutions and management capabilities, and is consistently recognized as the highest-ranked non-carrier in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Machine-to-Machine Services worldwide. KORE creates value for customers in the explosive IoT market, and is the largest independent IoT connectivity management provider today.
This is a unique opportunity to gain experience in the fastest growing technology field. Reporting to the Director, Corporate SOX Compliance, the SOX Financial Controls Manager is accountable to deliver best practice internal controls and processes for the Finance functions across KORE, including efficacy on defining, documenting, and testing per the SOX framework. This role is a key engager across KORE Wireless, as well as supporting the Director, SOX Compliance on delivering continuous improvement as the SOX function at KORE Wireless evolves.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Accountable to attract and retain your team through the HR Life cycle [ recruitment, onboarding, objectives, and success measures to drive performance development and training, career pathing, offboarding].
- Accountable to lead your team and support the end-to-end coordination as required on walkthroughs, narratives, documentation, testing, and remediation support for Financial internal controls and processes to maintain SOX compliance for the FINANCE community. This includes business partnering across all the functions to provide guidance on SOX implementation, remediation of controls and what it takes to maintain SOX compliance.
- Continuously engage with all stakeholders to develop expert business knowledge in KORE Wireless Finance to better enable best practice SOX compliance.
- Effectively recommend risk and controls improvements to Finance’s internal controls and processes.
- Partner with the Internal Audit and the BDO teams to align objectives and appropriate measures on SOX compliance.
- Align with the Finance functions on new integrations, including effectively providing Financial Internal Controls scoping and training to ensure SOX is successfully maintained.
- Continuously learn to be a backup for the Director, Corporate SOX Compliance, including developing more leadership experience.
- Work closely with the SOX ITGC Manager to ensure an efficient testing environment where there is overlap between the functions.
- Effectively support, in partnership with your leader and peers on all other projects and initiatives to ensure the SOX team can successfully deliver on their objectives.
Skills, Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Major in Accounting, Finance preferred
- Minimum of seven years of experience overall with at least 5 in a supervisory capacity in some combination of internal audit, public accounting, and/or a business operational role such as finance or IT
- Minimum 7 years Sarbanes-Oxley experience, which should include implementation, design and testing, the evaluation and documentation of internal controls, risk assessment and the ability to prepare and execute test scripts
- Current CPA is preferred
- Demonstrated working knowledge of SOX 404A policies and standards, and SOX 404b attestation, reporting and assessment procedures.
- Demonstrated business acumen, change influencer and resilience driven to deliver in fast paced environments
- Solutions oriented, with a roll up your sleeves attitude [ this means you will do testing!] to new opportunities and continuous improvements
- Excellent ability to summarize and present SOX information in an organized, concise manner to effectively engage in making improvements
- Excellent ability to engage at all levels with diverse thoughts in telling the SOX story
- Ability to develop workflows and processes using: MS Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and other workflow or process development and management systems or applications.
What we offer for our IoTers:
- A fun team environment and great culture
- Benefits Package -Medical, dental and life insurance
- Referral bonus
We appreciate the interest of all candidates but only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
KORE provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Pre-employment background checks are required.
“KORE Wireless Group, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. KORE is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at KORE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. KORE will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.”