The Contracts Administrator is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of customer contracts and their correct filing, ongoing maintenance and sales support to potential and existing customers.
KORE is a recognized global leader in IoT solutions and management capabilities, and is consistently recognized as the highest-ranked non-carrier in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Machine-to-Machine Services worldwide. KORE creates value for customers in the explosive IoT market, and is the largest independent IoT connectivity management provider today.
This is a unique opportunity to gain experience in the fastest growing technology field. The Contracts Administrator is also responsible for coordinating any changes that may transpire, and to make sure that changes are agreed upon by all applicable parties.
- Create and edit customer specific documents of KORE Contract/Agreement Program Template(s)
- Revise and or update existing and previous contract agreements/offers
- Validate product items using IoT platforms: SID/PRISM, OMS, and Porthos
- Oversee contract terms through electronic document management systems and spreadsheets to allow transactions are properly tracked for proper record keeping, by validating and approving SpringCM for DocuSign issuance and ensuring proper routing to customer for document execution
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Customer Support experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong accuracy, attention to detail, investigative, and analytical skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills to effectively prioritize and meet deadlines
We appreciate the interest of all candidates but only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
KORE provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment.
“KORE Wireless Group, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. KORE is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at KORE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. KORE will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.”