Product Certification Engineer
Are you knowledgeable in wireless technologies and database management? If you are an analytical and detail-oriented engineer, you may be the person our team needs. We are seeking someone with excellent communication and presentation skills to join our team as a Product Certification Engineer.
This is a unique opportunity to gain experience in the fastest growing technology field. The Product Certification Engineer will be responsible for the technical and operational tasks involved in the approval and carrier on-boarding of GSM, UMTS, LTE and Satellite products that will utilize the KORE Wireless Cellular and Satellite Network.
KORE is truly an International leader delivering connectivity in all seven continents and has been recognized as a Connected World Top 100 Company. We offer the opportunity to be part of the largest independent machine-to-machine (M2M) network services company in the world. The M2M market has worldwide revenue growth projections in excess of 20% per annum with a billion connections forecasted by 2020. It is likely that M2M will touch everyone’s life every single day and in many ways - from applications ranging from connected vehicle applications to managing smart household appliances to managing your health and the cost of your utilities.
Responsibilities of this position include:
• Utilize set guidelines as well as the KORE Wireless device database to screen incoming GSM / LTE / Satellite devices
• Advise customers on device approval deficiencies
• Manage all incoming client product development initiatives including:
-Advising clients on the steps and costs for GSM / LTE / Satellite product approval utilizing the KORE Streamlined Process initiatives
-Assisting in the integration of modules, antennas, SIM cards and/or Power Management into newly developed products
-Directing clients to the appropriate sources for integration technical assistance, such as OEM module vendors, certification test labs, and appropriate design facilities.
• Maintain and update the KORE device certification database for KORE, Operator, PTCRB, United States FCC, Industry Canada, European RED (R&TTE), and global listings.
• Provide guidance to KORE Administration and KORE Customer Support regarding customers’ device approval status and assist each group in device specific matters
Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology diploma, or equivalent experience
• Some familiarity with various certification bodies (FCC, IC, PTCRB, CE Mark)
• Knowledge of databases and tracking of information
• Basic wireless and RF knowledge, including cellular and WLAN technologies
• Experience with IP networking, RF testing, and/or Information Systems / Technology
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong client facing presentation and consultative abilities
• Excellent analytical ability
•Strong attention to detail
•Good decision making skills
•Good time management and organizational skills
•Demonstrates our core competencies of customer focus, integrity, initiative, innovation, collaboration and results orientation
We appreciate the interest of all candidates but only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
KORE provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment.