Senior DevOps Engineer
Are you a tenured professional who enjoys bringing together IT operations and software development? If you have the qualifications listed below then you may be the person our team needs. We are seeking a senior-level engineer to join our team in Winnipeg, MB as our Senior DevOps Engineer.
This is a unique opportunity to gain experience in the fastest growing technology field. The role of the Senior DevOps Engineer is responsible for creating and improving the tools and processes that allow our software development teams to responsibly deploy changes to production with the highest velocity. The Senior DevOps Engineer should have an in-depth knowledge of modern, distributed web software development architectures and patterns, with a particular focus on open-source, on-premise, and cloud-ready technologies like Kubernetes, Cassandra, Kafka, Elasticsearch, and CI/CD tooling.
KORE is truly an International leader delivering connectivity in all seven continents and has been recognized as a Connected World Top 100 Company. We offer the opportunity to be part of the largest independent machine-to-machine (M2M) network services company in the world. The M2M market has worldwide revenue growth projections in excess of 20% per annum with a billion connections forecasted by 2020. It is likely that M2M will touch everyone’s life every single day and in many ways - from applications ranging from connected vehicle applications to managing smart household appliances to managing your health and the cost of your utilities.
Responsibilities of this position include:
• Advanced troubleshooting in coordination with other teams and 3rd parties, bug fixing, fine tuning of applications
• Perform advanced system monitoring and preventive maintenance
• Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation
• Application ownership
• Propose software enhancement to avoid issues
• Continuous Delivery / Release management
• Be the bridge between Development and Operations Skills and Qualifications:
• BSc in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field • 3+ years of experience writing shell scripts and scripting languages
• Building infrastructure automation using tools like Ansible, git, and Jenkins • Knowledge of Linux and/or Windows system administration
• Previous telecom knowledge is considered a plus
• Good organization, planning and communication skills
• Creative and flexible
• An interest in learning is key
• Good knowledge of the English language
• Visibly and consistently demonstrate KORE’s values: Commitment to Customer Results, Continuous Differentiation, Integrity, Teamwork & Collaboration, and The Pursuit of Excellence
We appreciate the interest of all candidates, but only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
KORE provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment.