Do you enjoy troubleshooting system infrastructures? If you are an experienced Systems Engineer/SRE with an interest in technical infrastructure, then you may be the person our team needs. We are seeking a professional to join our team as our Systems Engineer/SRE.
This is a unique opportunity to gain experience in the fastest growing technology field. The role of the Systems Engineer/SRE is to help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure. You will be the part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission-critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance, and security. Qualified Systems Engineers will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
KORE is a recognized global leader in IoT solutions and management capabilities and is consistently recognized as the highest-ranked non-carrier in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Machine-to-Machine Services worldwide. KORE creates value for customers in the explosive IoT market and is the largest independent IoT connectivity management provider today.
The global market for IoT networking solutions is expected to grow 22% (CAGR) per year through 2022, with the number of IoT devices predicted to grow to 55 billion units by 2025. Come be a part of this dynamic and exciting marketplace as a high-performance team member with KORE!
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Managing and monitoring all installed services, systems, and infrastructure.
- Installing, configuring, testing, and maintaining services, systems, software, and service management tools.
- Ensuring the highest levels of service and systems availability.
- Providing 3rd level support.
- Monitoring and testing performance for potential bottlenecks, identifying possible solutions, and working with developers to implement those fixes.
- Maintaining security, scalability, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Writing and maintaining custom scripts to increase service and system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Liaising with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree or experience in related field
- 3+ years of experience in the job offered or related occupations of Systems Engineer (Systems/Solutions Architect, Systems Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Site Reliability Engineering, Networking/Automation)
- Show a passion for sense of ownership, learning new technologies, troubleshooting and designing large-scale distributed systems.
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Linux/Windows-based environments
- Good knowledge of container solutions.
- Experience with deploying docker containers, particularly Kubernetes and Helios
- Experience working with cloud solutions, on-prem cloud solutions a plus.
- Strong experience support distributed services such as ELK, Spark, Kafka
- Specific experience of the following automation, build and deployment tools: Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Bamboo and Jenkins
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Demonstrates our core competencies of customer focus, integrity, initiative, innovation, collaboration and results orientation
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
KORE provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. We perform pre-employment background checks and drug screening.