Senior Accountant - General Ledger
Are you someone who loves numbers and would love to join a fast paced, high-energy accounting team? We are looking for a high energy individual who will be a valuable member of the Finance and Accounting team, assisting in day to day accounting including preparation of the general ledger entries, reconciliations, and analysis.
What you get to do every day:
- Monthly and Annual close process including preparation of journal entries, monthly accruals, related reports, and account reconciliations, including Revenue Accounting
- Review and oversee accounting staff detail work.
- Responsible for cash management, wire payments, weekly cash forecasting
- Provide analytical support for functional expense reviews
- Timely assistance and guidance with requests related to all accounting functions
- Prepare and maintain documentation for all areas of responsibility
- Provide support and assistance with audits, tax returns, budgets and forecasts, financial reporting
- Prepare GAAP compliant transactions for all areas of responsibility
- Ensure that detailed accounting documentation are compiled and maintained in support of relevant legal, regulatory, and audit requirements.
- Ability to serve as back up for mission-critical tasks such as check runs and payroll if needed
What you bring to the role:
- 4+ years in Accounting, ideally with some experience in Public Accounting
- Big 4 experience is favorable
- S/B.A in Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or related field - CPA, or CPA candidate
- A passion for video games or video game industry experience desired
- A high rate of interaction with internal customers and senior management requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, high volume, technical environment; prior experience in a start-up environment preferred
- Ability to juggle multiple projects while working with deadlines
- Proficiency with Excel required; experience with NetSuite, Adaptive Planning (or other enterprise software) preferred
- Strong organizational skills with a great deal of attention to detail
- Must love getting 'hands dirty', have a strong work ethic and excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Full health, dental, and vision insurance - 100% paid by the company
- Tax-free commuter passes
- Employee stock & 401k programs
- Fully paid gym membership at one of the top club locations in the Bay Area
- Located within 2 blocks of both BART & Muni transportation
- Stocked kitchen & catered lunches twice a week
- Flex vacation plan
- Tons of team building activities like paintball, IMAX movies, and in-studio poker and MTG nights