Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for a skilled, resourceful and enthusiastic senior level software engineer to join our War Commander development team in KIXEYE's Victoria studio.
Released over six years ago, War Commander continues to be a leader in MMORTS, serving thousands of dedicated players.
Ideally, you are a full stack developer familiar with the gamut of application development languages and tools. The War Commander stack includes Scala, PHP, C++ and AS3, and as a live ops game with a large audience, comprehensive DevOps skills are an asset as well.
We're looking for excellence in software engineering, superior communication skills, and a great attitude for working in a team of highly talented people. A genuine love for gaming is a huge asset, as is understanding player needs and strategy game mechanics.
- Collaborate with designers and product managers to understand and define game features and system improvements
- Deliver high quality functional systems on timelines you commit to
- Have passion for games and sensitivity to the user experience
- Deftly navigate the balance between developing excellent software for a large player base with the need to manage a complex stack that is always live
- Kick ass and take names, or ideally have no time for taking names as you've already moved on to the kicking of other asses
- Proficient in some or all of the core technologies in the game: C++, Scala, PHP, AS3, Python
- Knowledge of common data structures and algorithms, ideally AI as well
- Bachelor degree in Game Dev/Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- A love of gaming and desire to be part of a dedicated live ops team