Senior Engineer (Unity)
KIXEYE is currently seeking Full Stack Unity engineers with a passion for gaming and aptitude for excellence.
As a Unity Gameplay Engineer, you will be responsible for full stack development on game systems and features, including user interaction systems, metagame features, real-time gameplay features, and social features.
What you get to do every day:
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, and product managers to understand and implement game features and system improvements.
- Work as a full-stack software engineer, developing user interface, gameplay, and server code to bring game features to life
- Deliver high-quality functional systems on timelines you commit to.
- Have a passion for games and sensitivity to the user experience.
- Deep-dive existing systems to optimize and refactor for performance, reliability, and maintainability as needed
- Perform design and code reviews of other Engineers’ work
What you bring to the role:
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3-5+ years of commercial software development experience
- Rock solid knowledge of Computer Science and Software Engineering fundamentals
- Highly proficient in Unity, and Unity best practices
- Expert level knowledge of C# or similar language
- Knowledge of server-side storage/caching engines - MySQL, Redis, Memcached, Redis
- Passion for building game systems that delight players while also satisfying business objectives
- Proven ability to develop clear, elegant, and maintainable code