Senior UI/UX Designer
KIXEYE is currently looking for a Senior UI/UX Designer for cutting edge mobile games. On the UX side, you’ll be responsible for requirements gathering, user research, creating various UX artifacts like relationship diagrams, flows, information architecture, and wireframes. On the UI side, designing the screens and specifying the layout and functions that support the target UX. You'll also be responsible for validating the designs through user testing and play testing of slices along the way.
What you get to do everyday:
- Gather design requirements from appropriate stakeholders
- Provide comprehensive designs for new game features, specifying layout, functionality, and flow and feedback
- Brainstorm, research, wireframe, design and refine user experiences within product requirements and deadlines.
- Advocate and lead UX and UI discussions; achieve best-possible designs for flows and functions
- Drive design thinking and champion the UX vision across the organization
- Collaborate with game designers, product managers, and engineering teams, working to prioritize UX design
- Create wireframes, workflow diagrams, mockups and design specifications required for proper implementation.
- 3+ years of experience in applied UI and UX design, Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid portfolio demonstrating your UI/UX skills with examples of process used on projects (please specify work done individually or with a team)
- A passion for UI/UX and keeping current with recent usability trends and best of practices.
- Experience working with Balsamiq, Omnigraffle, Visio or other UX wireframing tools.
- You must be comfortable with a motion driven process. UX design is highly iterative and includes multiple rounds of brainstorming and revisions to find the perfect solution
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to present and explain UX ideas and concepts effectively whether verbally, written or through visuals
- Open minded and collaborative approach to UX with the ability to take direction and constructive feedback and use it to create easy to use solutions
- Self-motivated worker with ability to prioritize and manage work load to meet critical project deadlines
- A desire to grow your skill sets and broaden your experience
- Be an avid gamer! Live and breathe games! Become an expert -- if you aren't already -- in the types of games we are making
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent certificates in interaction design, industrial design, graphic design, or other UX design-related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Experience working in a game development team as a user interface designer, artist, or game designer
- Strong communication and presentation skills; ability to present design solutions for game UX
- Strong project management skills; ability to manage schedules and identify project needs and priorities
- Art skills—not required, but nice to have
- Hands on familiarity with Unity
- Strong knowledge of current mobile games; familiarity with MMORTS and MMORPG genres
- Intimate familiarity with mobile design guidelines from Apple and Google