About KIPP Bay Area Public Schools
We are a thriving nonprofit network of 16 free, public charter schools open to all students. At KIPP, we believe all children should grow up free to create the future they want for themselves and that schools can and should be a critical factor in making that vision a reality.
Our student community consists of over 6,000 elementary, middle, and high school students in East Palo Alto, Oakland, San Francisco, San Lorenzo, San Jose, and Redwood City. We strive to cultivate a representative team of teachers and leaders that reflect our students’ diversity.
Our schools are looking for talented and committed educators to serve as Social Studies teachers for our elementary, middle, and high school classrooms. Social Studies Teachers will aid in the establishment of curriculum and culture as they develop a world-class education program from vision to execution.
The outcomes our students deserve necessitate strong teaching from the time our students enter kindergarten until they graduate from college. As such, our Social Studies teachers will work closely with each school’s leadership team to ensure our students learn, grow, pursue their dreams and eventually achieve transformative life outcomes. Each Social Studies teacher will be responsible for ensuring that our students have the opportunity to learn in an environment of joyful, excellent teaching.
S/he must also be committed to KIPP Bay Area Public School’s mission while possessing the beliefs, character traits, and skills necessary to ensure student growth and achievement.
All KIPP Social Studies teachers must…
● Hold a valid teaching credential or be in the process of securing one (please click here to learn more)
● Be committed to working with educationally underserved students
● Believe all students can achieve at the highest academic levels
● Possess strong content area knowledge and classroom management skills
● Teach in our extended day and year schedule (click here to learn more about a day in the life of a KIPP student)
● Contribute to a relentless and dedicated team of outstanding professionals
● Communicate well with students, families, and colleagues
● Experience as an educator in a traditionally underserved community for one or more years with demonstrated strong achievement results and documented growth on formative assessments
● Spanish, Arabic, Vietnamese or Mandarin speaking proficiency
We are dedicated to you and your family's well-being! KIPP offers a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and transportation benefits. Although KIPP does not post salary scales, we are happy to walk candidates through the compensation package.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.
Apply here and pursue your dream job today!
Keywords: high school, middle school, elementary school, jobs, hiring, oakland, east bay, california, bay area, san francisco, san jose, peninsula, east palo alto, redwood city, social studies, history, government, world history, us history, ethnic studies, teacher
KIPP Bay Area Schools does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, national origin or ancestry, cultural background, religious creed, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital/registered domestic partner status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, primary language, citizenship or immigration status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
The mission of KIPP Bay Area Schools is to operate high-achieving public schools in educationally underserved communities, developing in our students the knowledge, skills, and character essential to thrive in college, shape their futures, and positively impact the world.