Arrow Senior Living Management believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success in fulfilling our mission to provide exceptional, loving and dignified care. That contribution should not be limited by assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designated to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the individual or the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
To provide excellent customer service both internally, and externally, and assist the Executive Director, as well as promote efficient and thorough communications throughout the community.
- Provide exceptional customer service and present a professional demeanor that communicates a corporate philosophy of service, goodwill, and genuine interest in each resident’s needs.
- Attracts potential residents by providing a warm, friendly atmosphere; is open to questions and the relationship-building processes; and gathers appropriate information upon arrival.
- Creates and/or updates resident records and inputs new resident information into appropriate information systems, including resident services and wellness.
- Proactively addresses problems and concerns for both residents and employees.
- Answer phones for administrative and sales office in an efficient (two rings) manner and follows up appropriately with message taking according to company procedures.
- Transfer telephone service to cellular telephone or appropriate extension when away from desk and maintain answering protocols.
- Assist Executive Director with day-to-day clerical office work.
- Maintains financial accounts by accurately recording daily purchases.
- Contributes to team efforts by communicating information properly and thoroughly.
- Exhibit respect, professionalism, and courtesy consistently and to reject any attempts at negative gossip.
- Create and develop a culture of open communication throughout the community both within and between departments, employees, and residents.
- Follow information processes as well as consistently looking for new ideas and promoting innovation within the community.
- Management of the Communications Department’s budget, scheduling, and policies and procedures.
- Maintain compliance with all departmental recordkeeping requirements.
- Creation of a “go-to” resource for all employees. This department will have the functionality to know and understand where any and all information is located within the building.
- Utilizing free advertising sources available such as websites, social networking sites, and information within the Chamber of Commerce Newsletters to expand exposure.
- Management of communications within the building, including entering work orders and performing follow-up telephone calls to ensure resident satisfaction.
- Monitor emergency call system and respond via set protocol, and maintains and employs knowledge of most current emergency procedures and manuals.
- Participate in resident orientations by explaining amenities, routines, and expectations of the Community and your department.
- Familiarize yourself with residents of the Community, including detailed understanding of each resident’s unique interests, hobbies, history and personal preferences in order to provide exemplary service.
- Observe resident’s ability to perform daily ADLs and social skills, communicate potential difficulties or opportunities to the appropriate team member.
- Participate in all training offered by employer.
- Assist residents in scheduling resident transportation.
- Ensure residents who are sleeping in the front lobby/business area are assisted in moving to their apartment, or that they are engaged in a community event or program.
- Performs cleaning of designated areas, in accordance with cleaning schedule.
- Promptly answers emergency call system, telephone and paging systems.
- Respond immediately to resident requests.
- Assists residents with activities of daily living (ADL) bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, eating and oral care, as listed on the residents Service Plan.
- Participates in voluntary and mandatory on-going education and in-service training.
- Uses effective verbal and non-verbal communication to present information in a positive and non-threatening way.
- Responds effectively to resident behavior. Uses supportive communication in resident interactions including effective communication skills with residents who have sensory deficits.
- Observes and reports resident physical and emotional condition changes, using appropriate terminology and abbreviations.
- Applies non-sterile bandages/dressings and applies anti-embolism stockings (TED hose).
- Demonstrates an understanding and support of Resident Rights.
- Provides basic emergency care as determined by the emergency needs of the residents by providing basic first aid.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Candidate must be at least eighteen (18) years of age
- Shall have a high school diploma, or equivalent.
- Able to read, write, understand and communicate in English at a minimum of 8th grade proficiency.
- Be proficient at Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Google Docs.
- Possesses clear verbal and written communication skills, with attention to detail.
- Able to follow written and verbal directions and apply practical problem solving skills as needed.
- Positive and energetic attitude.
- Professional in appearance and conduct.
- Must be criminally cleared by background check.
- Be in good health and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health shall be verified by a physician not more than six (6) months prior to or seven (7) days following employment. Must test free from pulmonary tuberculosis at time of health screening.
- Must be able to work varying hours as needed with reliable means of transportation.