Senior Frontend Engineer
- Do you love creating world changing technology and empowering people?
- Do you have entrepreneurial spirit and want to learn how successful companies work?
- Do you enjoy talented and motivated engineers around you?
If your answer is yes and you're an engineer who loves travelling and wants to work on a team of similarly talented, driven individuals, we'd love to hear from you.
KAYAK is looking for smart, self-motivated and enthusiastic frontend developers with a passion for learning and delivering. You will join the team in Berlin that is responsible for developing compelling user experiences that are the face of KAYAK for millions of users every day. You’ll work closely with other teams to develop innovative features and keep our product a step ahead of the competition.
- 3+ years professional development experience
- Solid understanding of jQuery, or a similar JS framework
- Knowledge of performance considerations, especially with respect to browsers
- Familiarity with Java, C# or other backend language
- Ability to debug issues in a full stack environment
- SQL experience is a plus, but not required
- Portfolio of complex sites you've worked on
- Ability to speak competently about contemporary web technologies
- Must be eligible to work in Kaunas, Lithuania
Team player who likes to engage with colleagues at a professional and personal level. Someone who can handle a high volume of requests with frequent interruptions and prioritize their own work while taking infrastructure and business needs into account. Must have excellent technical communication skills.
Come join the team at KAYAK and help us build the best travel metasearch website in the world!
Our mission at KAYAK is to provide the world’s favorite travel planning tools. With every query, KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages.
And because our team is always on the lookout for ways to make travel planning and trip management even easier, we offer a variety of tools and features such as KAYAK Trips, Explore and Price Forecast and are constantly evolving our app, Facebook Messenger and Slack bots, Alexa skill and related A.I. innovations.
In addition to KAYAK, we manage a portfolio of metasearch brands including: momondo, Cheapflights, SWOODOO, checkfelix and Mundi that together process more than two billion consumer queries a year.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings Inc.
Benefits and Perks
- Day off on your birthday
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Flexible hours
- Free Yoga classes
- Regular team events/excursions